BK Precision 8600 Series
The 8600 series are DC electronic loads from BK Precision. Simulate loading on an electronic circuit including power supply testing, ATE applications, LED testing, and more.
The BK 8600 series programmable DC electronic load provides the performance of modular system DC electronic loads in a compact benchtop form factor. With fast transient operation speeds up to 25 kHz, and high 16-bit measurement resolution and accuracy, these DC loads can be used for testing and evaluating a variety of DC sources such as DC power supplies, DC-DC converters, batteries, battery chargers, and photovoltaic arrays.
The DC electronic loads can operate in constant current (CC), constant voltage (CV), constant resistance (CR), and constant power (CW) mode. The instrument provides flexible triggering capabilities, analog current control and monitoring, and standard USB (USBTMC-compliant), GPIB, or RS-232 serial interfaces for remote communication.
The 8600 Series provides a built-in battery test mode to measure the ampere-hour (Ah) characteristic of a battery and a unique CR-LED mode to simulate the loading behavior of a typical LED.
- Voltage range up to 500 V
- Current range up to 720 A
- CC/CV/CR/CW operating modes
- 16-bit voltage and current measurement system providing 1 mV / 0.1 mA resolution
- Transient mode up to 25 kHz in CC mode
- List mode function
- Store and recall up to 100 setups
- Adjustable slew rate in CC mode
- Flexible triggering options via front panel, external input, timer, or bus
- Built-in battery test function with voltage level, capacity level, and timer stop conditions
- Test modes to validate the OCP/OPP protection functions of a power supply
- CR-LED mode to simulate the loading behavior of typical LEDs
- Remote sense
- Analog current control and monitoring
- Thermostatically controlled fan
- Standard USB (USBTMC-compliant), RS232, and GPIB interfaces supporting SCPI commands for remote control
- OVP/OCP/OPP/OTP including local and remote reverse voltage (LRV/RRV) protection
- Compact 19” half-rack form factor allows for side-by-side rack mounting of two units (models 8600, 8601 and 8602)
- Standard accessories: User manual, power cord, certificate of calibration & test report
- Optional accessories: TLPWR1 high cur rent test leads, IT-E151 rackmount kit (models 8600, 8601, and 8602 only)
- Three-Year Warranty