The Chroma 6310A series Programmable DC Electronic Load is ideal for the test and evaluation of multi-output AC/DC power supplies, DC/DC converters, chargers and power electronic components. It is designed for applications in research and development, production, and incoming inspection. The system is configured by plugging the user selectable load modules into the system mainframe. The user interfaces include an ergonomically designed user friendly keypad on the front panel and the following computer interfaces: RS-232, USB or GPIB.
The Chroma 6310A series offers 8 different modules with power ratings from 100 watts to 1,200 watts, current ratings from 0.5mA to 240A, and voltage ratings from 0.5mV to 500V. The loads can be operated in constant current, constant voltage, constant power and constant resistance and may be placed in parallel for increased current and power.It can simulate a wide range of dynamic loading applications. The waveforms programmable parameters include: slew rate, load level, duration and conducting voltage. In addition, up to 100 sets of system operating status can be stored in EEPROM and recalled instantly for automated testing applications.
Real time measurement of voltage and current are integrated into each load module using a 16-bit precision measurement circuit. The user can perform on line voltage measurements and adjustments or simulate short circuit test using the user friendly keypad on the front panel.
Additionally, the Chroma 6310A series offers an optional remote controller for automated production lines. The 6310A series has a self-diagnosis routines to maintain instrument performance. It also provides OP, OC, OV, OT, and reverse polarity protection to guarantee quality and reliability for even in the most demanding engineering testing and ATE applications.
Chroma 63123A-120 Features:
- Replaces Chroma 63123A
- Max Power: 200W, 100Wx2(Dual),30W & 250W, 300W, 350W, 600W, 1200W
- Wide range 0~600V operating voltage
- Compatibility between 6310 and 6310A
- Up to eight channels in one mainframe, for testing multiple output SMPS
- Parallel load modules up to 1400W for high current and power applications
- Synchronization with multiple loads
- Flexible CC, CR, CP and CV operation modes
- Dynamic loading with speeds up to 20kHz
- Fast response of 0.32mA/µs ~ 10A/µs slew rate
- Minimum input resistance allows load to sink high current at low voltage (63123A : 0.6V@70A)
- Real time power supply load transient response simulation and output measurements
- User programmable 100 sequences. Front panel input status for user-friendly operation
- High/Low limits of testing parameters to test GO/NG
- Digital I/O control
- Over current protection (OCP) testing function
- 16-bit precision voltage and current measurement with dual-range
- Remote sensing capability
- Short circuit test
- Self-test at power-on
- Full Protection: OC, OP, OT protection and OV, reverse alarm
- USB, GPIB & RS-232C interfaces