- Chroma 63800 Series Features:
- Power Rating:1800W/3600W/4500W
- Voltage Range: 50V - 350Vrms
- Current Range: Up to 45Arms
- Peak Current: Up to 135A
- Frequency Range: 45 to 440Hz, DC
- Crest Factor Range: 1.414 to 5.0
- Parallel to 27KW single / 9KW three phase
- 63802: Programmable AC Load 1.8KVA/18A/350VAC
- 63803: Programmable AC Load 3.6KVA/36A/350VAC
- 63804: Programmable AC Load 4.5KVA/45A/350VAC
The Chroma 63800 Loads can simulate load conditions under high crest factor and varying power factors with real time compensation even when the voltage waveform is distorted. This special feature provides real world simulation capability and prevents overstressing resulting in reliable and unbiased test results.
The 63800's state of the art design uses DSP technology to simulate non-linear rectified loads with its unique RLC operation mode. This mode improves stability by detecting the impedance of the UUT and dynamically adjusting the load's control bandwidth to ensure system stability.
Comprehensive measurements allow users to monitor the output performance of the UUT. Additionally, voltage & current signals can be routed to an oscilloscope through analog outputs. The instrument's GPIB/RS232 interface options provide remote control & monitor for system integration. Built-in digital outputs may also be used to control external relays for short circuit (crowbar) testing.
Chroma's 63800 Loads feature fan speed control ensuring low acoustic noise. The diagnosis/protection functions include selfdiagnosis routines and protection against overpower, over-current, over-voltage and overtemperature.
The Chroma 63800 Series consists of: