Keithley's SourceMeter family is designed specifically for test applications that demand tightly coupled sourcing and measurement. All source-measure models provide precision voltage and current sourcing as well as measurement capabilities. Each SourceMeter instrument is both a highly stable DC power source and a true instrument-grade 5-1/2 digit multimeter. The power source characteristics include low noise, precision, and readback. The multimeter capabilities include high repeatability and low noise. The result is a compact, single-channel, DC parametric tester. In operation, these instruments can act as a voltage source, a current source, a voltage meter, a current meter, and an ohmmeter. Manufacturers of components and modules for the communications, semiconductor, computer, automotive, and medical industries will find the source-measure instruments invaluable for a wide range of characterization and production test applications.
The Model 2420-C High Voltage SourceMeter® is a 60W instrument designed to source and measure voltage from ±5µV (source) and ±1µV (measure) to ±60V and current from ±100pA to ±3A. Production test applications for the Model 2420-C include resistors and resistor network devices that must be tested at higher current levels, thermistors, solar cells, batteries, and high current or medium power diodes, including switching and Schottky diodes. The Model 2420-C is also suitable for IDDQ testing of CMOS integrated circuits and monitoring the current consumption of battery-powered medical devices such as pacemakers. The Contact Check function makes it simple to maximize test integrity by verifying test connections easily in just 350µs before an automated test sequence begins. This eliminates measurement errors and false product failures associated with contact fatigue, breakage, contamination, loose or broken connection, relay failures, etc.
- Completes the contact check verification and notification process in just 350µs to maintain high speed production throughput
- Contact Check enabled on the instrument's front panel or remotely via the GPIB
- Built-in "Source Memory" programmable sequencer stores up to 100 different tests for high production throughput
- Rugged design with 75,000-hour MTBF provides reliability in non-stop production environments.
- Built-in comparator simplifies pass/fail testing
- Digital I/O for fast binning or connection to component handlers
- 0.012% basic accuracy with 5-1/2-digit resolution for precise measurements