The Tektronix CT1 Current Probes are designed for permanent or semi-permanent in-circuit installation.The CT1 probe consists of a current transformer and an interconnecting cable.
The current transformers have a small hole through which a current carrying conductor is passed during circuit assembly. The P6041 Probe Cable provides the connection between the CT1 and CT2 Current Transformers and a BNC oscilloscope input.
A 50 Ohm termination is required to terminate the cable when connected to a high impedance (1 MOhm) oscilloscope input. One probe cable can be used to monitor several current transformers that have been wired into a circuit
The CT-1/ CT-2 Current Probes are pictured here with the P6041 BNC Probe Cable.
- 25 kHz to 1 GHz
- Maximum Pulse Current: 450 mA
- Maximum CW Current: 12 A
- AC Only
- Solid Core High Bandwidth
- Ultra-low Inductance
- Very Small Form Factor
- Characterize Current Waveforms up to <200 pSec Rise Times
- Very Low Loading of Circuit Under Test
- Fits Into Dense, Closely-spaced Circuit Designs
- Data Storage Read Channel Design
- Silicon Characterization
- High-frequency Analog Design
- ESD Testing
- Signal Injection
- Differential Current Measurements
- Single Shot Low Rep-rate Pulse Measurements
- Propagation Delay Measurement