The Tektronix RSA500A Series Consists of the following models:
RSA503A-9kHz to 3 GHz, USB Portable Spectrum Analyzer
RSA507A-9kHz to 7.5 GHz, USB Portable Spectrum Analyzer
Tektronix RSA500A Features:
- 9 kHz to 3.0/7.5 GHz frequency range covers a broad range of analysis needs
- 40 MHz acquisition bandwidth enables real time analysis for transient capture and vector analysis
- Standard GPS/GLONASS/Beidou receiver for mapping and reference oscillator accuracy enhancement
- Optional tracking generator for gain/loss, antenna and cable measurements
- Streaming capture can be used to record and play back long term events
- Mil-Std 28800 Class 2 environmental, shock and vibration specifications for use in harsh conditions
- Internal battery for extended field operations
- SignalVu-PC software offers real time signal processing with DPX
- Spectrum/Spectrogram to minimize time spent on transient and interference hunting 100 μsec minimum signal duration with 100% probability of intercept ensure you see problems first time, every time
- Application programming interface included for development of custom programs
- Accessories including tablet PC, calibration kits, adapters and phasestable cables offer a complete field solution for interference hunting and transmitter maintenance
- Spectrum management
- Interference hunting
- Maintenance, installation and repair of radio networks
The RSA500 series was built to bring real-time spectrum analysis to solving the problems of spectrum managers, interference hunters and network maintenance personnel who need to track down hard to find interferers, maintain RF networks and keep records of their efforts. The heart of the system is the USB-based RF spectrum analyzer that captures 40 MHz bandwidths with great fidelity in harsh environments. With 70 dB dynamic range and frequency coverage to 7.5 GHz, all signals of interest can be examined with high confidence in your measurement results. The USB form factor moves the weight of the instrument off of your hands, and replaces it with a lightweight Windows tablet or laptop. Holding a light PC instead of a heavy spectrum analyzer means you can move faster, for longer, and get your work done faster.
The optional tracking generator enables gain/loss measurements for quick tests of filters, duplexers and other network elements, and you can add cable and antenna measurements of VSWR, return loss, distance to fault and cable loss as needed.
The RSA500 series operates with SignalVu-PC, a powerful program used as the basis of Tek’s traditional spectrum analyzers, offering a deep analysis capability previously unavailable in high performance battery operated solutions. Real-time processing of the DPX spectrum/spectrogram is enabled in your PC, further reducing the cost of hardware. Customers who need programmatic access to the instrument can choose either the SignalVu-PC programmatic interface or use the included application programming interface (API) that provides a rich set of commands and measurements directly. Basic functionality of the free SignalVu-PC program is far from basic.