Advantest R9211C Features:
- 2-Channel, 16-Bit Resolution, Wide Dynamic Range of 90 dB (Typical Value)
- Maximum Input Sensitivity of -140 dBV (2 kHz Range, Typical Value)
- 10 mHz to 100 kHz Frequency Range (1-2-5 Steps)
- Domain Method (Measurement Domain Mode) For Ease of Operation
- Portable With Large 8 Inch CRT Screen
- Frequency Analysis Resolution of 25 to 3200 Lines
- Built-In Power Supply For Measurement of Accelerometers
The Advantest R9211C spectrum analyzer is a wide band, very sensitive receiver. It works on the principle of "super-heterodyne receiver" to convert higher frequencies (normally ranging up to several 10s of GHz) to measurable quantities.
The received frequency spectrum is slowly swept through a range of pre-selected frequencies, converting the selected frequency to a measurable DC level (usually logarithmic scale), and displaying the same on the CRT of the Advantest R9211C. The CRT displays received signal strength (y-axis) against frequency ( x-axis).
Some applications for Advantest R9211C Spectrum Analyzers include Site Monitoring: Verify that the frequency and signal strength of your transmitter is accurate. Interference: Before a system is installed you use a Advantest R9211C spectrum analyzer to verify that the frequencies (you plan to use) are not occupied or if the presence of a very strong signal will interfere with your new setup. Interference can be created by a number of different situations.
Other tests that utilize the Advantest R9211C spectrum analyzer features include antenna isolation, co-channel interference, adjacent channel power, occupied bandwidth, intermodulation, microwave or satellite antenna alignment, and characterization of components.