Alcatel-Lucent PSAX 1000 Features:
- Input voltage range: -42.5 to -56.5 V dc
- Rated input current: 5.0 A maximum per module
- Maximum input power: 181 W (618 BTU/hr) maximum per chasis
- Maximum output power: 135 W (461 BTU/hr)
- Circuit protection: 1 fuse, 7.5 A at 125 V dc, wire-type fast acting black/white, alarm indicating
- Four or five slot 1.2 Gb/s chassis supports access interfaces ranging from low speed serial through DS1/E1 to OC-3c/STM-1
The PSAX 1000 offers scalability, service flexibility, reliability, and centralized management from a compact chassis. Any-service/any-channel flexibility allows circuit emulation, frame relay, and ATM traffic to coexist within the same T1, E1, or channelized DS3 channel—enabling you to support innovative soft-selectable service provisioning.
Only two rack units high, but provides many reliability features normally found only in core and edge devices, including 1+1 automatic protection switching (APS) on optical interfaces and 1:1 protection for DS1/E1 and DS3/E3 ports. NEBS and OSMINE compliant system features hot swappable modules, fully redundant switch fabric, power supply, fans, Stratum timing modules, and optionally redundant CPU.
The PSAX 1000 supports the same user and network interfaces as higher end PacketStar® gateways. Interchangeable cross-platform modules can help reduce your initial capital investment and operating costs while supporting interoperability.