Every major radio communication system in the world, including GSM/DCS1 800/PCS1900, IS-136A, PDC and PHS, can be evaluated using just one Anritsu MT8801B Radio Communication Analyzer, cover- ing the 300 kHz to 3GHz frequency band in one hardware platform, and the dedicated measurement software options. The call processing test and sensitivity test using loopback method are possible for GSM/DCS1800/PCS1900 and IS-136A. In addition, connection testing, as well as send testing while communicating, are also possible for PDC and PHS measurement by using the call processing function. And the PDC uplink RCH can be monitored (RSSI, estimated error rate) too. FM radio transmission /reception tests are simplified by using the optional analog measurement function. And the optional spectrum analyzer function covering 10 MHz to 3 GHz is very useful for maintenance as well as for measuring spurious near carrier on production lines. GPIB and RS-232C interfaces are standard, so this model can be incorporated easily in- to automated production lines or on-site automated testing systems. The time required for testing equipment on production lines is greatly reduced using the high-speed adjacent channel power and occupied bandwidth measurement functions based on Anritsu's proprietary measurement algorithm and DSP (Digital Signal Processing). Furthermore, major transmission test items such as transmission frequency, modulation accuracy (phase error), transmission power, rise/fall characteristics of burst wave, adjacent channel power, etc., can be measured and judged pass/fail for limit value of the each item.
Anritsu MT8801B Features:
- Frequency Range: 300 kHz to 3 GHz
- Max Input Level: + 40 dBm
- Power Meter: 0 to 40 dBm
- Signal Generator: 300 kHz to 3 GHz
- SigGen Level: - 143 to - 28 dBm
- Interface: GPIB IEEE-488, RS-232, and Printer Port
- SigGen Level: -143 to -28 dBm
- Internal Modulation: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- AF Generator: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- RF Power Meter: 0 to 40 dBm
- Freq Counter: 10 MHz to 3 GHz
- Modulation: FM, PM
- Audio Analyzer: AF level, AF freq counter, Distortion
- Single unit for GSM, IS-136A, PDC, and PHS
- Batch measurements of transmission test items
- Only about 1 second is required to measure all major transmission test items, including frequency, modulation accuracy, origin offset, transmission rate, transmission power, leakage power during carrier off, rise/fall edge characteristics, occupied bandwidth, and adjacent channel power. Pass/fail decisions for limit value of each test item can also be displayed
- Analog measurement function (Option 01)
- The MT8801B has general analog measurement functions too. Efficient FM TX/RX testing is made easy by built-in signal generator, AF oscillator, RF analyzer (power meter, frequency counter, FM measurement) and audio analyzer functions. This function is especially useful for the IS-136A analog test.
- Transmission measurement characteristics such as frequency, power, and frequency deviation can be measured easily.
- Reception measurement: An FM modulated signal is output to permit measurement of the frequency and level of the AF signal from a receiver, as well as SINAD and distortion.
Anritsu MT8801B - Option Descriptions