Bruel & Kjaer 2692-A-0S2
The NEXUS™ concept is based on a single mainframe, a number of input/output channels, and different filter options. This makes it highly flexible, as you can configure your conditioning amplifier to your needs. You can have acoustic and vibration inputs in the same mainframe with one, two, three or four independent input channels.
NEXUS can be reconfigured if your requirements change. If, for example, you have a 1-ch. Charge Conditioning Amplifier, it can be updated to a 2-ch. Charge/2-ch. Microphone Conditioning Amplifier. Hardware/software updates, for example, auxiliary modules with A-, B-, C- and D-weighting filters or integration, make the concept even more flexible.
Microprocessors are used for control, display and interfacing purposes, but the signal is maintained analogue to obtain optimum signal/noise ratio and the lowest possible distortion. NEXUS supports transducers with TEDS according to IEEE 1451.4.
- Specially suited for automotive use. Developed in association with major car manufacturers, for high-quality field and laboratory measurement systems
- Used with charge accelerometers, hydrophones, force transducers, condenser microphones, DeltaTron™ accelerometers, DeltaTron™ preamplifiers, voltage input and sound intensity probes
- Field recording of vibration and acoustic signals
- Specially suitable for applications where shocks and impulses occur such as gas turbine testing and munitions testing (Types 2692-C and -D only)
- Highly flexible construction – 1, 2, 3 or 4 channel configurations, or a combination of acoustic and vibration transducer inputs is possible
- High input signal range. Low noise. Extensive overload facilities
- Supports transducers with TEDS according to IEEE 1451.4
- Available for: charge, microphone, sound intensity, DeltaTron™ and very high input
- Compact robust design and battery operation makes it suitable for use in the field (and in the laboratory)
- Serial control interface (RS–232) allows computer control of setups and test functions. A large number of amplifiers can be controlled from a single PC
- High accuracy due to reliable construction and a wide range of calibration options. Built-in patented Charge Injection Calibration (CIC) and patented Mounted Resonance Testing
- Wide range of filters that can be set up for specific tasks
- Rack-mounting fittings available
Portability and Rack Mounting
NEXUS Conditioning Amplifiers are equally suited for laboratory and field use. They are compact and self-contained with an optional rechargeable battery. They are lightweight too, weighing around 3 kg (6.6 lb.), including battery. Rack-mounting fittings are available for in-car testing purposes as well as for stationary use. The portable 19" rack KQ-0158 can contain up to 9 NEXUS units. Up to 16 NEXUS channels and a DAT recorder can be mounted in a compact unit (UA-1409) which is particularly suitable for automotive use. UA-1409 has fittings for a carrying strap
To survive the harsh electrical environment in cars, NEXUS conditioning amplifiers have specifications that far exceed the strict European EMC immunity requirements. ISO 7637-1®Road Vehicles – Electrical disturbance by conduction and coupling” requirements are met. Mechanical robustness is equally high and meets MIL – STD – 810C and IEC 60068 – 2 – 6 standards.
Since all NEXUS amplifiers are built for portable outdoor use, they meet strict requirements for temperature and humidity. The operating temperature range extends from – 10 to +55°C (+14 to +131°F). The instrument will withstand rain if kept with the front panel facing upwards. However, because of the sockets on the back panel it is not watertight.
A number of standard versions are available to cover the most widely used combinations. If you require a combination not found below, we can provide a custom-made version.