EG & G 181 Features:
- The Model 181 Current Sensative Preamplifier is a high-sensativity low-noise device ideally suited to processing the extremely small current signals provided by photodectors and similar sources.
- The preamplifier features a virtual-ground input and sensativity selectable by means of a front-panel switch from 10-4 A/V TO 10-9 A/V.
- A built-in output attenuator allows the output signal to be reduced by a factor of ten.
- Front-panel overload lamp provides warning when output voltage excursions exceed normal operating levels.
- There is provision for biasing an external detector by applying an internally derived DC voltage to the input connector.
- With its small size, high performance, and ease of operation, the instrument should prove of significant value in any application involving low-noise processing of small current signals.