Fluke 87 Features:
- Capacitance mode that measures capacitors from 0.01 nF to 5 µF
- MIN MAX Recording mode, in which the meter "remembers" the lowest and highest readings, calculates the true average of all readings taken over a period as long as thirty-six hours, and displays these values. The beeper emits a Min Max Alert when a new minimum or maximum reading is recorded.
- Peak MIN MAX mode that captures changes as short as 1 millisecond.
- An alternate Frequency Counter mode that measures duty cycle and displays it as a value between 0.1 and 99.9%.
- An Input Alert that causes the beeper to sound if the test leads are plugged into the wrong input terminals for the function being performed.
- A REL mode that allows you to store a reading in memory, and display the difference between the stored value and subsequent readings
- Touch Hold mode that allows you to keep your eyes fixed on the probes when taking measurements in difficult or hazardous circumstances, then read the display when it is convenient and safe.
- Display back-light that makes the meter useable in dark areas.
- 4 ½-digit display mode for a ten times increase in resolution
The Fluke 87 True RMS Multimeter is a handheld, 4000-count instrument that is designed for use in the field, laboratory, and at home. The meter combines the precision of a digital meter with the speed and versatility of a high resolution analog display. Frequencies between 0.5 Hz and 200 kHz can be measured with up to 0.01 Hz resolution. The meter is powered by a 9V battery and has a rugged case sealed against dirt, dust, and moisture. A snap-on holster, with flexible stand (Flex-Standä), protects the meter from rough handling. The flexible stand allows the meter to be stood or hung.