Megger MJ159 Features:
- No scale multiplier
- Multiple test voltages for spot and step voltage testing
- Guard terminal to eliminate surface leakage current
- Insulation Resistance: 0.1 Ω - 2000 MΩ (0.1 Ω -1000 MΩ for MJ160)
- Accuracy: ±1.25% of fsd on a 2.8 in. (71.1mm) arc length
- Nominal Test Voltages: D.C: 100 V, 250 V, 500 V, 1000 V.
- Accuracy: 250 V, 500 V, 1000 V +30%, -0% max. 50 V, 100 V, +40%, -0% max.
- Midscale: 4 MΩ (2 MΩ for MJ160)
- Short Circuit Current: 1.9 mA
- Maximum Load Capacitance: 1μF with less than ±0.1” pointer movement
- Discharge: Up to 1 μF capacitance is discharged from 1000 V to less than 42.4 V in less than 4 secs
- Resistance Range:0.1 Ω - 5000 Ω
The Megger MJ159 is a portable, self-contained instrument designed to give rapid and accurate measurements.
Power for model MJ159 is derived from a low-voltage, hand cranked generator which has been designed to be easy to turn even under full load conditions. The low-voltage generator is connected to an electronic inverter to provide a very stable test voltage. Accuracy of measurement is unaffected by variations in the generator cranking speed and the test voltage is maintained at its rated value.