RAD Data Communications DXC-30 Features:
- 15 I/O modules
- Non-blocking cross connect of up to 960 timeslots
- Traffic grooming
- Compact 1U- or 3U-high enclosures
- Services supported: n x 56/64 kbps, ISDN, IDSL, SHDSL, E1, T1, E3, T3, and STM-1
- Optional common logic and power supply redundancy
- Optional link and/or hardware protection
- Integrated fiber optic, SHDSL and IDSL modems
- Built-in E1/T1 converter, including A-law/μ-law and signaling conversion for PCM timeslotsE1T1 Converter: DXC-30/30E converts between up to twelve E1 and fifteen T1 ports
Typical applications for the DXC:
- Providing local loop access solution together with traffic grooming, re-directing voice and data to different trunks
- Concentrating multiple E1/T1 lines from a cellular base station (BTS) onto a full E1/T1 link to the mobile switch center (MSC)
- Providing conversion/gateway between E1 and T1 networks for both data and voice
The RAD DXC-30 provides digital access and cross-connect functionality for multiple services, supporting a wide range of applications for carriers, cellular operators, ISPs, utilities, transportation, campus networks, and enterprises. The point-to-multipoint devices can broadcast any traffic combination from a single input to numerous destinations and provide non-blocking cross connect for up to 120 lines.
The DXC family modular digital cross-connect units support E1/T1 conversion, inverse multiplexing, signaling monitoring, grooming of fractional traffic, and transmission of T1 circuits over E1 lines.