Rohde & Schwarz ESI26 Features:
- High IP3
- Frequency range 20 Hz to 26.5 GHz
- Very high sensitivity (NF typ. 10 dB)
- Excellent large-signal immunity (1 dB comp.: +10 dBm)
- Low measurement uncertainty (< 1 dB up to 1 GHz)
- High measurement speed and result processing (min. meas. time 100 µs)
- Low inherent noise (<–3 dBµV)
- Automatic test routines for noise and phase noise as well as channel and adjacent-channel power measurements
- Apart from EMI measurements ESI is also highly suitable for general-purpose measurements as a high-grade spectrum analyzer
The Rohde & Schwarz ESI26 models are based on the successful Spectrum Analyzers FSE with their outstanding values of sensitivity and dynamic range. ESI features integrated preselection and so ensures large-signal immunity, which is a vital prerequisite for EMI test receivers.
These instruments are therefore extremely well suited for all electromagnetic emission measurements to industrial and military EMI standards such as CISPR, VDE, ANSI, FCC, EN, VCCI, MIL-STD, VG, DEF-STAN, BS, DO160 or GAM EG 13.
The frequency ranges of the ESI 26can be extended further by connecting an external mixer (option FSE-B21). The voltage peaks occurring in RFI voltage measurements, for example during phase switchover of an artificial mains network, really make great demands on the pulse-handling capability of the RF input.
ESI overcomes this problem by means of a second input for the frequency range 20 Hz to 1 GHz. The autorange function sets the correct combination of attenuation and gain in the signal path for the applied signal. This reliably prevents corruption of measurement results by overload while maintaining maximum possible sensitivity.