Sierra AIR BOOSTER 350 Features:
- Compliance: CDPD Release 1.1 FCC Parts 15 and 22
- Voltage: Standard vehicle battery 11 - 16 Vdc (13.8 Vdc nominal)
- Current: Power Reduction Mode: 105mA (typical) Enabled (Receive): 128mA (287mA w/GPS) Maximum Transmit: 1.63A (1.8A w/GPS)
- Transmitter Power: Class I mobile Up to 4.5 Watts ERP from device (depending on antenna/cabling)
- CDPD Device Interface: SMA RF connector
- Antenna Interface: 50 ohm TNC RF connector
- GPS Interface: DB-9 at RS-232 level non-standard pinouts.
- GPS Antenna Interface: SMB RF connector
The AirBooster 350 RF amplifier is supported by the following Sierra Wireless products:
- AirCard® 350 CDPD Adapter
- SB300 OEM Module
The AirBooster 350 is an intelligent RF amplifier for boosting some Sierra Wireless Class III (600mW) CDPD devices to Class I (3W). The amplifier is an "intelligent" booster in that it does not simply apply a fixed gain to a varying input RF level as a linear amplifier would. Instead, the AirBooster amplifier takes a constant RF level from the CDPD device and applies as much gain as the CDPD system requires at that moment. A GPS Option is also available, adding a GPS receiver inside the package.