Tektronix K18HW-E1 Features:
- 8x RJ-45 ports for 16 E1/DS1/J1 receivers (8x bi-directional links)
- High-impedance connection
- RJ-45 connectors with cables to adapt to all standards (Coax, Bantam, RJ-45, open ends)
Supports ATM monitoring:
- HW-based AAL-2 and AAL-5 Reassembly
- HW-based Filters (VPI/VCI, UTRAN protocolspecific such as User Plane)
- IMA Inverse multiplexing for ATM
Supports PCM monitoring:
- 512 Timeslots
- HW-Based HDLC Framing
- HW-based Filters (FISU, FISU duplicates, Retransmitted MSU due to PCR)
The K18 hardware probe, combined with a PC platform, enables customers to minimize acquisition costs and obtain the high-speed performance they need. The K18 probe performs real-time capture under heavy load from UTRAN STM-1/OC-3/GbE interfaces, hardware filtering (such as control plane/user plane, VPI/VCI), and first-level hardware processing (such as RLC/MAC reassembling, UTRANlogical channels auto-configuration).
The Network and Service Analyzer (NSA) software suite combines with high-performing K18 probes to provide a highly-scalable solution for network optimization and troubleshooting. Whether you are analyzing just a few links on a stand-alone probe or performing network-wide analysis in multi-probe environments, K18 and NSA scales to meet your needs.
An external PC runs the NSA software. The PC is also connected via a switch to multiple K18 probes. For highly accurate time synchronization a dedicated sync cable is required. Multiple K18 probes can be daisychained for the purpose of time synchronization.