1000-809 Megger Test Lead
- KC100 Kelvin lead kit (1 x 100 m / 1 x 5 m)
- Developed in conjunction with a leading manufacturer of wind turbines
- Allows easy and reliable measurement of lightning protection circuit resistance of wind turbines
- Available in three lengths, 30 m, 60 m and 100 m to suit both manufacturing and maintenance applications
- Long cable fitted on strong metal framed cable reel
- Cable reel fitted with friction brake to avoid tangles when paying out cable emfs
- Hook terminations marked with C or P to assist in making the correct connections
- Duplex handspikes has a compress and rotate action to ensure good connection to lightning receptors
- Cable guide on cable reel to assist with neat re winding
- Light weight, even 100 m long KC100 lead set is less than 15 kg
This lead set is intended to measurement the resistance of the lightning protection circuit of a wind turbine, either in part in a production environment, or fully assembled during commissioning, maintenance, or following repair. This lead set is designed to be connected to any instruments in the Megger 10 A DLRO range or the Megger BT51. However, for outside use the DLRO10HD is recommended due to it robustness and high IP rating.
The KC series of test leads provide a complete and convenient solution to the problem of finding reliable test leads that are long enough for testing the continuity of lightning protection conductors in wind turbines. KC-series wind turbine test leads are available in 100 m, 60 m and 30 m versions that are equally suitable for use on site or in the manufacturing plant. All lead set versions are 10 A rated. The lead sets consist of two test leads. The first is a 5 m cable fitted with a duplex handspike for probing the lightning receptors on the tips of the turbine blades. The second cable is either, a 30 m, 60 m or 100 m cable, fitted with a large robust Kelvin clip, specially designed to offer ease of use while providing the consistently reliable connections needed to ensure accurate and repeatable test results. The long cable is wound onto a high quality, robust cable reel fitted with a friction brake to avoid tangles whilst paying out.