1523-P4-156 Fluke Thermometer
- 1523 Bundled with 5615 PRT3 (–200 °C to 420 °C, 100 ohm (1/4 in x 12 in)), Universal TC INFO-CON Connector, TPAK, and Case
- Input Channels: 1
- Logging: 25 readings with statistics
- Sample interval (normal): 1 second
- Typical sample interval (fast mode) *: 0.3 seconds *See technical manual for sample interval details by sensor type and number of inputs.
- Sensor types: PRTs, RTDs, Thermistors, and Thermocouples
- Thermocouple types: C, E, J, K, L, M, N, T, U, B, R, S
- Computer Interface: RS-232
- Operating temperature: –10 °C to 60 °C (Best accuracy 13 °C to 33 °C)
- Power requirements: 3 AA alkaline batteries
- Safety: EN 61010-1:2001, CAN/CSA C22.2; No. 61010.1-04
- Size: (HxWxL) 96 mm x 200 mm x 47 mm (3.75 in x 7.9 in x 1.86 in)
Environmental conditions for best accuracy: 13 °C to 33 °C
- Millivolt range and accuracy: –10 mV to 75 mV; ± (0.005 % + 5 μV)
Resistance range and accuracy
- 0 Ω to 400 Ω ± (0.004 % + 0.002 Ω)
- 200 Ω to 50 kΩ ± (0.01 % + 0.5 Ω)
- 50 kΩ to 500 kΩ ± (0.03 %)
Temperature coefficient, voltage (–10 °C to 13 °C, + 33 °C to 60 °C)
- Temperature coeficient(–10 °C to 13 °C , +33 °C to 60 °C); ± (0.001 %/°C + 1 μV/°C)
Temperature Coefficient, Resistance (–10 °C to 13 °C, + 33 °C to 60 °C)
- 0.0008 %/ °C + 0.0004 Ω (0 Ω to 400 Ω)
- 0.002 %/ °C + 0.1 Ω (0 Ω to 50 kΩ)
- 0.06 %/ °C + 0.1 Ω (50 kΩ to 500 kΩ)
Excitation current, resistance
- 1 mA (0 Ω to 400 Ω)
- 10 μA (0 Ω to 50 kΩ)
- 2 μA (50 kΩ to 500 kΩ)
Three sensor types
- PRTs: –200 °C to 1000 °C
- Thermocouples: –200 °C to 2315 °C
- Precision thermistors: –50 °C to 150 °C
- PRTs: up to ± 0.011 °C
- Thermocouples: ± 0.24 °C for J, K, L, M
- Precision thermistors: ± 0.002 °C
- PRTs: 0.45 seconds per sample
- Thermocouples: 0.3 seconds per sample
- Thermistors: 0.3 seconds per sample
- 128x64 backlit LCD graphic display
- Plot and scale trends in real time
- Simultaneous dual channel readings
The 1523 Reference Thermometers from Fluke Calibration measure, graph, and record PRTs, thermocouples, and thermistors. These thermometer readouts deliver exceptional accuracy, wide measurement range, logging, and trending, all in a handheld tool you can take anywhere.
The 1523 lets you handle field applications, laboratory measurements, and data logging with ease. Support for PRTs/RTDs, thermocouples, and thermistors provide flexibility to choose the right probe for the job.
Make accurate, consistent measurements–anywhere
You need accuracy for compliance, product yields, energy savings, and consistent results. The 1523 uses current reversal, a technique used in high-end instruments that eliminates thermal EMFs, for precision temperature measurements. Specifications are guaranteed from –10 °C to 60 °C ambient temperature. Special precision resistors and a highly stable reference voltage source keep 1523's accuracy virtually insensitive to environmental temperature.
Like all Fluke handheld tools, the 1523 Reference Thermometers endure rigorous testing in temperature extremes and under harsh conditions of vibration, so you can take it anywhere you need to go. An optional magnetic hanger allows you to hang the thermometer for easy viewing while freeing your hands to focus on the job.
INFO-CON connectors ensure correct temperature conversion
Inside the INFO-CON, a memory chip keeps calibration information for the attached probe. Simply plugging in the probe uploads the information to the readout, ensuring the correct temperature conversion for accurate, hassle-free measurements.
Probes may be locked by password to specific channels and readouts for security or for system calibration traceability. Plug any thermocouple with mini-thermocouple jacks into an optional universal thermocouple adapter for convenient measurement. Each thermocouple adapter or standard connector supports reference junction compensation (RJC) with its own internal precision thermistor.
Monitor trends in the lab or in the field
See trends graphically on the 1523 thermometer’s 128x64 backlit LCD display. You can change the graph’s resolution at the touch of a button. Now it’s easy to see when the temperature is stable, without statistics or long delays, or monitor processes over time to verify correct operation.
Document on demand up to 25 readings and associated statistics for easy retrieval. You can view the data through the display or by uploading it to a PC via RS-232 connection and 9940 software, included free. To monitor and log more data over time, use a PC and optional LogWare II software.
RS-232-to-USB adapters are available for those who prefer USB connectors. Battery power lasts at least 20 hours on three AA batteries, or use the dc power adapter for extended periods of measurement. Power saving features can be enabled or disabled for longer battery life or greater convenience.
Get the reference thermometer that’s ready for anything
- Log: Log a series of measurements with time and date stamps.
- Stats: View the max, min, average, and standard deviation of a series of measurements.
- Hold: Freeze the screen.
- Save: Record a reading and its associated statistics.
- Trend: Plot data trends in a real-time graph.
- Recall: View documented readings and statistics.
- Backlight: Lights the display for easier viewing in low-light conditions.
Calibration, loop checking, conformance testing, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair are some of the varied duties that need a 1523 thermometer. Use it for a handy temperature reference in baths, dry-block calibrators, thermowells, clean rooms, engines, heat exchangers, furnaces, freezers, or anything else that must be calibrated, checked, or maintained.
Tolerances of RTDs, thermocouples, transmitters and temperature controllers improve over time.Calibrations determine which instruments to accept against their tolerances. If you make comparisons to an inaccurate reference standard, the risks of false accept and false reject increase. Test uncertainty ratios (TURs) that keep the reference four times more accurate than the test unit greatly reduce this risk. The 1523 lets you get better TURs on a wider range of workload.
The 1523 can also help boost cal lab productivity with fast sample rates and dual channel measurement. Accurately measure up to seven samples per second, or calibrate two sets of workload at the same time, with the two reference channels.
Test and measurement
Testing the performance of internal and external combustion engines, turbines, steam systems, cooling towers, heat exchangers, and refrigeration systems requires measuring differences between inlet and outlet temperatures. The 1524 can simultaneously measure, calculate and record these differences. The high sampling rate and logging capability of the 1524 make it easy to determine the response time of temperature sensors. In addition, graphing in the 1523/24 makes it easy to see temperature trends in a system and quickly identify stability. With a precision thermistor in stainless steel or Teflon coating, the 1523/24 combines laboratory accuracy with speed, reliability, and intuitive measurement. And forget about waiting 20 minutes for equilibration; you can see graphically when the temperature trend is stable.