1680 BK Precision DC Power Supply
The 1680 is a 185 W, 13.8 V, 6 A DC Power Supply from BK Precision. Supplies DC Voltage and Current to test, design, and troubleshoot electric and electronic circuits. Applications include Burn In, QA, ATE, Research, Design, and Education to name a few.
- Voltage: 13.8 volts DC output (fixed)
- Current: 6 ADC peak, 4 ADC continuous
- Current fold back overload protection
- Short circuit protection
- Reverse polarity protection
- Convenient cigar lighter output
- Load Regulation (0 to rated current): ≤320 mV
- Line Regulation (110-132 VAC): ≤ 130 mV
- Ripple and Noise: ≤ 6 mVrms
- AC Input: 110-132 VAC, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 185 W
- Operating Temperature: 32 ºF to 104 ºF (0 °C to 40 °C)
- Storage Temperature: 5 ºF to 158 ºF (-15 °C to 70 °C)
- Dimensions: 6.31” x 3.62” x 6.75" (160 x 92 x 170 mm)
- Included Accessories: User manual & spare fuse
- One-Year Warranty
The BK Precision 1680 series 13.8 VDC Power Supplies was designed as a substitute for car batteries when demonstrating or servicing car stereos, cellular phone products or ham radios. Car batteries are heavy, leak acid, spark, can't tolerate shorted outputs and must be recharged.
The BK Precision 1680 series power supplies are the only bench top DC power supplies in their price range built to withstand continuous duty. This DC power supply provides maximum current output continuously without overheating.
The 1680 DC power supplies have a regulated output of 13.8 V, which is the same voltage as an automotive electrical system when the engine is running and the battery is charging. At this fixed voltage level, the 1680 can provide 4 A continuous, 6 A peak output current. These outputs make them ideal for powering most automotive accessories removed from the vehicle. Applications include displaying, demonstrating, and servicing of electronic automotive equipment such as stereo sound systems, cellular telephones, CB radios, mobile two-way radios, and vehicular alarm systems.