1686A BK Precision DC Power Supply
The 1686A is a 400 W, 14V, 12 A DC Power Supply from BK Precision. Supplies DC Voltage and Current to test, design, and troubleshoot electric and electronic circuits. Applications include Burn In, QA, ATE, Research, Design, and Education to name a few.
- 12 A guaranteed @ 13.8V
- Current limiting overload protection
- Over voltage protection
- Short circuit protection
- Reverse polarity protection
- Thermostatically controlled cooling fan
- Thermal protection
- Operates continuously at full load without overheating
- Connect two in parallel for more current
- Connect two in series for higher voltage
- Convenient 2 A tie point terminals on front panel
- Included Accessories Instruction Manual, Line Cord, Spare Fuse
- One-Year Warranty
- Voltage: 3 - 14 V
- Current (Proportional to Output Voltage): 12 A (at 13.8 V)
- Load Regulation: ≤ 0.8%
- Line Regulation (108-132V AC): ≤ 0.8%
- Ripple and Noise: ≤ 10 mVrms
- Voltmeter Range: 0-20 V
- Voltmeter Accuracy: ±7% F.S.
- Ammeter Range: 0-20 A
- Ammeter Accuracy: ±7% F.S.
- AC Input: 115/230 VAC ±10%, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 400 W
- Operating Temperature: 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C), ≤ 85% R.H.
- Storage Temperature: 5° to 158°F (-15° to 70°C), ≤ 75% R.H.
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 4.9” x 8.5” x 11.5" (124 x 216 x 292 mm)
The BK Precision 1686A is a high quality 3 to 14 V bench DC power supply primarily designed for powering automotive and marine electronic equipment. It has a maximum output current proportional to the voltage setting (see voltage and current output graph) and two panel mounted meters that continuously monitor the output voltage and current.
Designed for continuous duty without overheating, this 12 A DC power supply is an ideal car battery substitution allowing servicing or powering of mostly any car radio, car stereo, PA systems, low to medium power CB transceivers, or marine equipment. The 1686A uses thermostatically controlled fan cooling for improved heat dissipation while keeping bulk and weight to a minimum.