179 ESFP Fluke Multimeter
The 179 ESFP is a 3.75 digit handheld multimeter from Fluke. A multimeter is an instrument used to test and measure alternating current (AC) or direct current (DC) voltage, resistance, and electric current. Multimeters combine voltmeters, ammeters, and ohmmeters. Electricians use multimeters to run diagnostics on batteries, switches, components, power sources, and motors.
- Voltage Measuring Range DC: 600mV to 1000V
- Voltage Measuring Range AC: 600mV to 1000V
- Current Measuring Range, DC: 60mA to 10A
- Current Measuring Range, AC: 60mA to 10A
- True RMS voltage and current measurements
- 0.09% basic accuracy
- 6000 count resolution
- Digital display with analog bargraph and backlight
- Manual and automatic ranging
- Display Hold and Auto Hold
- Frequency and capacitance measurements
- Resistance, continuity and diode measurements
- Temperature measurements
- Min-max-average recording
- Smoothing mode allows filtering of rapidly changing inputs
- Easy battery exchange without opening the case
- Closed case calibration through front panel
- Ergonomic case with integrated protective holster
- EN61010-1 CAT III 1000V / CAT IV 600V
- Measures twice as fast as other multimeters
- Included Accessories: Test leads with 4 mm lantern tips and protective cap, installed 9V battery and users manual. The 179 also includes the 80BK temperature probe.
The Fluke 179 ESFP has the features needed to find most electrical, electronic, electro-mechanical and heating and ventilation problems. The Fluke 179 ESFP is simple to use and has significant improvements over Flukes original 70 Series like, True-RMS, frequency, capacitance, temperature, min-max record, conformance to the latest electrical safety standards, and a much larger display that is easier to view.