2010 Keithley Multimeter
The 2010 is a New 7.5 digit bench multimeter from Keithley.
- 7-1/2 digit resolution
- 100nV RMS noise floor
- 7ppm DCV repeatability
- Built-in 10-channel scanner mainframe
- Dry circuit and low power measurement mode
- 15 measurement functions including support for RTD and thermocouple temperature measurements
- Built-in ratio measurement function
- GPIB and RS -232 interfaces
- Power Supply: 100V / 120V / 220V / 240V ±10%.
- Line Frequency: 45Hz to 66Hz and 360Hz to 440Hz, automatically sensed at power-up.
- Power Consumption: 22VA.
- Operating Environment: Specified for 0°C to 50°C. Specified to 80% R.H. at 35°C.
- Storage Environment: –40°C to 70°C.
- Safety: Designed to IEC-1010-1.
- EMC: Complies with European Union Directive 89/336/EEC (CE marking requirements), FCC part 15 class B, CTSPR 11, IEC 801-2, IEC 801-3, IEC 801-4.
- Vibration: MIL-T-28800E Type III, Class 5.
- Warmup: 2 hours to rated accuracy.
- Dimensions: Rack Mounting: 89mm high × 213mm wide × 370mm deep
- Bench Configuration (with handle and feet): 104mm high × 238mm wide × 370mm deep
- Accessories Supplied: Model 1751 Safety Test Leads, User Manual, Service Manual
The 7-1/2 digit Model 2010 Low Noise Multimeter combines high resolution with the high speed and accuracy needed for production applications such as testing precision sensors, transducers, A/D and D/A converters, regulators, references, connectors, switches, and relays.
Based on the same high speed, low noise A/D converter technology as the Models 2000, 2001, and 2002, the 2010 is the latest addition to Keithley's Series 2000 line of high performance digital multimeters.
The 2010 has 15 built-in measurement functions, including DCV, ACV, DCI, ACI, 2WΩ, 4WΩ, dry circuit resistance, temperature (with either thermocouples or RTDs), frequency, period, ratio, continuity measurement, and diode testing. This multi-functional design minimizes added equipment costs.
Creating a self-contained multipoint measurement solution is as simple as plugging a 2000-SCAN or 2001-TCSCAN scanner card into the option slot in the 2010’s back panel. This “plug-in” approach eliminates the need for a separate scanner and significantly reduces programming and setup time in applications involving a limited number of test points. For larger applications, the 2010 is compatible with Keithley’s Series 7000 switch matrices and cards.
Unique Resistance Measurement Functions
Characterizing the resistance, linearity, or isolation of contacts, connectors, switches, or relays completely and efficiently demands an uncommon combination of ohms measurement capabilities.
The 2010 offers:
- Low-power ohms measurement mode. Low-level resistance measurements can be made with source current as low as 100μA, an order of magnitude lower than is possible with other DMMs, so device self-heating is minimized. Among other benefits, this low-power measurement capability makes the 2010 suitable for end-of-life contact testing per ASTM B539-90
- Dry circuit test function. When measuring contact and connector resistances, it is important to control the test voltage carefully in order to avoid puncturing any oxides or films that may have formed. A built-in clamp limits the open circuit test voltage to 20mV to ensure dry circuit conditions
- Offset compensated ohms function. This function eliminates thermal effects that can create errors in low-level resistance measurements in system environments
- Extended ohms measurement capability. The 2010 provides a 10Ω range for more precise measurements of low resistances
Optional Multiplexer Cards
- Creating a self-contained multipoint measurement solution is as simple as plugging a scanner card into the option slot on the 2010’s back panel. This approach eliminates the complexities of triggering, timing, and processing issues and helps reduce test time significantly. For applications involving more than 10 measurement points, the 2010 is compatible with Keithley’s Series 7000 switch matrices and cards.
Model 2000-SCAN Scanner Card
- Ten analog input channels (2-pole)
- Configurable as 4-pole, 5-channel