220015 Megger Dielectric Test Set
- Continuously variable test voltage
- Rugged field construction
- Compact and portable
- Air insulated, uses no oil
- ±2% accuracy
- Leakage current measurement as low as 0.1 mA
- Fast charging of high-capacitance samples
- Current guard circuit for highly accurate measurements
- Ground connection cable, 10 ft [3 m]
- kV/MΩ test record graph paper (100-sheet pad)
- Power cord, Cat. No. 220015
- Instruction manual, Cat. No. 220005
- Instruction manual, Cat. No. 220015
- Megger portable dc dielectric test sets check the electrical insulation quality of motors, power cables, switchgear, insulators, transformers and capacitors. Typical applications include acceptance and maintenance testing of critical equipment used by electrical utility substations and industrial plant distribution systems. Power apparatus manufacturers may also use the equipment to perform QA/QC production tests.
- The test sets can be used to perform step-voltage and proof tests which, when incorporated into a routine maintenance program, can aid in predicting potential failure before breakdown occurs.
- Two models are available; a 5-kV unit for testing equipment rated 2.5 kV and below, and a 15-kV model for use on equipment rated 7.5 kV and below. Both are suitable for testing power cable, switchgear and rotating machinery in accordance with IEEE, ICEA, NEMA and ANSI guidelines.
- Because Megger dc dielectric test sets act like full-wave rectified units, they also are suitable for applications involving vacuum bottles.
Dielectric test sets measure leakage current while applying a dc voltage at or above the insulation system’s operating level. This measurement aids in determining the insulation system’s ability to withstand over voltages such as lightning strikes and switching surges.