2290-5 Keithley DC Power Supply
- Voltage: 5 kV
- Current: 0.005A
- Power: 100W
- Source voltages up to 5kV
- 1µA current measurement resolution
- Low noise for precision sourcing and sensitive measurements; selectable filters reduce noise to less than 3mVRMS on the 5kV supply
- Safety interlock controls high voltage output
- IEEE-488 programmable
- Protection module prevents damage to low voltage instrumentation
- Accessories Supplied with New Units: CD with user manual, software drivers, and accessory information, Power cord
- 1-Year Warranty on New Units
- High voltage device breakdown testing
- High voltage component testing
- Insulation testing
- High voltage resistivity measurements
- High energy physics research
Accessories Supplied with New Units:
- CD with user manual
- Software drivers
- Accessory information Power cord
The Keithley 2290-5 provides voltage outputs up to 5000V and has a 5mA current capacity, and the supply measures both output voltage with 1V resolution and output current with 1µA resolution. In addition to the voltage and current output displays, a third display shows one of four settings: output voltage, voltage limit, current limit, or current trip. These values can be set precisely with the front panel keypad. The settings can also be programmed over the IEEE-4888 interface, or the output voltage can be set with an analog control voltage.
Low output noise is essential when using sensitive measurement instruments to make leakage current or high resistivity measurements. The maximum output ripple for the Model 2290-10 is less than 1VRMS. The maximum output ripple of the Model 2290-5 is 100mVRMS. Two selectable, internal filters on the Model 2290-5 reduce the maximum output ripple to only 3mVRMS. Extremely low noise from both power supplies enables sensitive measurement instruments to make accurate current measurements down to picoamp levels.
Series 2290 Power Supplies and a Model 2290-PM-200 Protection Module protect both user and instrumentation from hazardous voltages. An interlock circuit built into the power supplies can be used to ensure that the output voltage is disabled if a high voltage test fixture access door is open. In addition, all Series 2290 power supplies have low voltage analog outputs to permit safe monitoring of the high voltage and the output current.