2400 Keithley Sourcemeter
- Five instruments in one (IV Source, IVR Measure)
- Source and sink (4-quadrant) operation
- 0.012% basic measure accuracy with 5½-digit resolution
- 2-, 4-, and 6-wire remote V-source and measure sensing
- 1700 readings/second at 4½ digits via GPIB
- Pass/Fail comparator for fast sorting/binning
- Available high speed sense lead contact check function
- Programmable DIO port for automation/handler/prober control
- Standard SCPI GPIB, RS-232, and Keithley Trigger Link interfaces
- Keithley LabTracer 2.0 I-V curve tracing application software (download)
- One Year Factory Warranty on New Units
Accessories Supplied with New Units:
- Model 8605 Test Leads
- LabVIEW Software Driver (downloadable)
- LabTracer Software (downloadable)
The Keithley 2400 is designed specifically for test applications that demand tightly coupled sourcing and measurement. All source-measure models provide precision voltage and current sourcing as well as measurement capabilities. Each SourceMeter instrument is both a highly stable DC power source and a true instrument-grade 5-1/2 digit multimeter. The power source characteristics include low noise, precision, and readback.
In operation, these instruments can act as a voltage source, a current source, a voltage meter, a current meter, and an ohmmeter. Manufacturers of components and modules for the communications, semiconductor, computer, automotive, and medical industries will find the source-measure instruments invaluable for a wide range of characterization and production test applications.
Advantages of a Tightly Integrated Instrument
By linking source and measurement circuitry in a single unit, these instruments offer a variety of advantages over systems configured with separate source and measurement instruments. For example, they minimize the time required for test station development, setup, and maintenance, while lowering the overall cost of system ownership. They simplify the test process itself by eliminating many of the complex synchronization and connection issues associated with using multiple instruments. And, their compact half-rack size conserves precious “real estate” in the test rack or bench.
Power of Five Instruments in One (IV Source, IVR Measure)
The tightly coupled nature of a SourceMeter instrument provides many advantages over separate instruments. For example, it provides faster test times by reducing GPIB traffic and simplifies the remote programming interface. It also protects the device under test from damage due to accidental overloads, thermal runaway, etc. Both the current and voltage source are programmable with readback to help maximize device measurement integrity. If the readback reaches a programmed compliance limit, then the source is clamped at the limit, providing fault protection.
All SourceMeter instruments provide four-quadrant operation. In the first and third quadrants they operate as a source, delivering power to a load. In the second and fourth quadrants they operate as a sink, dissipating power internally. Voltage, current, and resistance can be measured during source or sink operation.
Automation for Speed
A SourceMeter instrument streamlines production testing. It sources voltage or current while making measurements without needing to change connections. It is designed for reliable operation in nonstop production environments. To provide the throughput demanded by production applications, the SourceMeter instrument offers many built-in features that allow it to run complex test sequences without computer control or GPIB communications slowing things down.
Standard and Custom Sweeps
Sweep solutions greatly accelerate testing with automation hooks. Three basic sweep waveforms are provided that can be programmed for single event or continuous operation. They are ideal for I/V, I/R, V/I, and V/R characterization.
- Linear Staircase Sweep: Moves from the start level to the stop level in equal linear steps
- Logarithmic Staircase Sweep: Done on a log scale with a specified number of steps per decade
- Custom Sweep: Allows construction of special sweeps by specifying the number of measurement points and the source level at each point
- Up to 1700 readings/second at 41 ⁄2 digits to the GPIB bus
- 5000 51 ⁄2-digit readings can be stored in the non-volatile buffer memory
Built-In Test Sequencer (Source Memory List)
The Source Memory list provides faster and easier testing by allowing you to setup and execute up to 100 different tests that run without PC intervention.
- Stores up to 100 instrument configurations, each containing source settings, measurement settings, pass/fail criteria, etc.
- Pass/fail limit test as fast as 500µs per point
- Onboard comparator eliminates the delay caused when sending data to the computer for analysis
- Built-in, user definable math functions to calculate derived parameters
Digital I/O Interface
The digital I/O interface can link the SourceMeter instrument to many popular component handlers, including Aetrium, Aeco, and Robotronics. Other capabilities of the interface include:
- Tight systems integration for applications such as binning and sorting
- Built-in component handler interface
- Start of test and end of test signals
- 5V, 300mA power supply
- Optional expander accessory (Model 2499-DIGIO) adds 16 digital I/O lines
Trigger Link Interface
All SourceMeter instruments include Keithley’s unique Trigger Link interface which provides high-speed, seamless communications with many of Keithley’s other instruments. For example, use the Trigger Link interface to connect a SourceMeter instrument with a Series 7000 Switching System for a complete multi-point test solution. With Trigger Link, the 7000 Series Switching Systems can be controlled by a SourceMeter during a high-speed test sequence independent of a computer and GPIB.
Unique 6-Wire Ohms Technique
SourceMeter instruments can make standard 4-wire, split Kelvin, and 6-wire, guarded ohms measurements and can be configured for either the constant current or constant voltage method. The 6-wire ohms technique:
- Uses guard and guard sense leads in addition to the 4-wire sense and source leads
- Locks out parallel current paths when measuring resistor networks or hybrid circuits to isolate the component under test
- Allows users to configure and plot data easily from Series 2400 SourceMeter instruments, making characterization of two, three, and four terminal devices a snap