2450 Keithley Sourcemeter
The 2450 is a 20 watt Sourcemeter from Keithley. Source meter instruments are a type of electronic test equipment that measures and logs precise voltage and current data. Source meters collect information with high accuracy, ideal for current-voltage (I-V) characterization, semiconductor testing, and testing devices with both positive and negative current source values.
- 200V, 1A, 20W SourceMeter Instrument
- Capabilities of analyzers, curve tracers, and I-V systems at a fraction of their cost
- Five-inch, high resolution capacitive touchscreen GUI
- 0.012% basic measure accuracy with 6½-digit resolution
- Enhanced sensitivity with new 20mV and 10nA source/ measure ranges
- Source and sink (4-quadrant) operation
- Four “Quickset” modes for fast setup and measurements
- Built-in, context-sensitive front panel help
- Front panel input banana jacks; rear panel input triaxial connections
- 2450 enhanced SCPI and TSP® scripting programming modes
- Model 2400 SCPI-compatible programming mode
- Front panel USB memory port for data/programming/configuration I/O
- One-Year Factory Warranty
- 8608: High Performance Test Leads
- USB-B-1: USB Cable, Type A to Type B, 1m (3.3 ft)
- CS-1616-3: Safety Interlock Mating Connector
- CA-180-3A-TSP-Link/Ethernet Cable
- Documentation CD
- 2450 QuickStart Guide
- Test Script Builder (CD)
- KickStart Setup Software (CD)
- LabVIEW and IVI Drivers (CD)
The Model 2450 is Keithley’s next-generation SourceMeter source measure unit (SMU) Instrument that truly brings Ohm’s law (current, voltage, and resistance) testing right to your fingertips. Its innovative graphical user interface (GUI) and advanced, capacitive touchscreen technology allow intuitive usage and minimize the learning curve to enable engineers and scientists to learn faster, work smarter, and invent easier.
Unlike conventional instruments with dedicated push button technology and small, obscure, limited-character displays, this unit features a five-inch, full-color, high-resolution touchscreen that facilitates ease of use and learning and optimizes overall speed and productivity. A simple menu structure reduces configuration steps by as much as 50 percent and eliminates the cumbersome multi-layer menu structures typically used on soft-key instruments. Built-in, context-sensitive help enables intuitive operation and minimizes the need to review a separate manual. These capabilities combined with its application versatility make the SMU instrument inherently easy to use for basic and advanced measurement applications, regardless of your experience level with SMU instruments.
The 2450 is the SMU for everyone: a versatile instrument, particularly well-suited for characterizing modern scaled semiconductors, nano-scale devices and materials, organic semiconductors, printed electronics, and other small-geometry and low-power devices.
This instrument is the fourth-generation member of Keithley’s award-winning SourceMeter family of SMU instruments and is based on the proven architecture of the Model 2400 SourceMeter SMU Instrument. It offers a highly flexible, four-quadrant voltage and current source/load coupled with precision voltage and current meters. This all-in-one instrument can be used as a:
- Precision power supply with V and I readback
- True current source
- Digital multimeter (DCV, DCI, ohms, and power with 6½-digit resolution).
- Precision electronic load
- Trigger controller
2400 vs 2450 Comparison
|Model 2400||Model 2450|
|V-Ranges: 200mV – 200V||V-Ranges: 20mV – 200V|
|I-Ranges: 1µA – 1A||I-Ranges: 10nA – 1A|
|0.012% Basic Accuracy||0.012% Basic Accuracy|
|Wideband Noise: 4mVrms Typ.||Wideband Noise: 2mVrms Typ.|
|Sweep Types: Linear, Log, Custom, Source-Memory||Sweep Types: Linear, Log, Dual Linear, Dual Log, Custom, Source-Memory (2400 SCPI Mode)|
|5000 Reading Buffer||>250,000 Reading Buffer|
|SCPI Programming||2400 + 2450 SCPI + TSP Programming|
|GPIB||GPIB, USB, Ethernet (LXI)|
|Front/Rear Banana Jacks||Front: Banana Jacks, Rear: Triax|
Ease of Use Beyond the Touchscreen
In addition to its five-inch, color touchscreen, the front panel has many features that supplement its speed, user-friendliness, and learnability, including a USB 2.0 memory I/O port, a HELP key, a rotary navigation/control knob, a front/rear input selector button, and banana jacks for basic bench applications. The USB 2.0 memory port supports easy data storing, saving instrument configurations, loading test scripts, and system upgrades. Plus, all front panel buttons are backlit to enhance visibility in low-light environments.
Four “Quickset” modes simplify user setup. With one touch, the instrument can be quickly configured for various operating modes without the need to configure the instrument indirectly for this operation.
Rear panel access to rear-input triax connectors, remote control interfaces (GPIB, USB 2.0, and LXI/Ethernet), D-sub 9-pin digital I/O port (for internal/external trigger signals and handler control), instrument interlock control, and TSP-Link® jacks enables easy configuration of multiple instrument test solutions and eliminates the need to invest in additional adapter accessories.
Convert Raw Data to Information
This unit provides a full plotting and sheet view to display sweeps, measurement data, and charting right on the screen. It also supports exporting to a spreadsheet for further analysis, dramatically improving productivity for research, bench-top testing, device qualification, and debugging.
The instrument incorporates Keithley’s new TriggerFlow triggering system that allows user control of instrument execution. Similar to developing a flow chart, TriggerFlow diagrams are created using four fundamental building blocks:
- Wait – Waits for an event to occur before the flow continues
- Branch – Branches when a condition has been satisfied
- Action – Initiates an action in the instrument, for example, measure, source, delay, set digital I/O, etc.
- Notify – Notifies other equipment that an event has occurred