2634B Keithley Sourcemeter
The 2634B is a 60 watt Sourcemeter from Keithley. Source meter instruments are a type of electronic test equipment that measures and logs precise voltage and current data. Source meters collect information with high accuracy, ideal for current-voltage (I-V) characterization, semiconductor testing, and testing devices with both positive and negative current source values.
- 200V, 1.5A, 1fA, 10A Pulse Dual-channel System SourceMeter Benchtop Version
- Tightly-integrated, 4-quadrant voltage/current source and measure instruments offer best in class performance with 6 ½ digit resolution
- Built-in, Java-based test software enables true plug & play I/V characterization and test through any browser.
- TSP (Test Script Processing) technology embeds complete test programs inside the instrument for best-in class system-level throughput
- TSP-Link expansion technology for multi-channel parallel test without a mainframe
- Software emulation for Keithley’s Model 2400 SourceMeter SMU Instrument
- USB 2.0, LXI-C, GPIB, RS-232, and digital I/O interfaces
- Free software drivers and development/debug tools
- Optional ACS-Basic semiconductor component characterization software
- Operators and Programming Manuals
- 2600-ALG-2: Low Noise Triax Cable with Alligator Clips, 2m (6.6 ft.) (two supplied with 2634B and 2636B, one with 2635B)
- 2600-Kit: Mating Screw Terminal Connectors with strain relief and covers (2601B/2602B/2604B/2611B/2612B/2614B)
- CA-180-3A: TSP-Link/Ethernet Cable (two per unit)
- TSP Express Software Tool (embedded)
- Test Script Builder Software (supplied on CD)
- LabVIEW Driver
- ACS Basic Edition Software (optional)
The Series 2600B System SourceMeter SMU Instruments are the industry’s leading current/voltage source and measure solutions, and are built from Keithley’s 3rd generation SMU technology. The Series 2600B offers single- and dual-channel models that combine the capabilities of a Precision Power Supply, true Current Source, 6-1/2 digit DMM, Arbitrary Waveform Generator, Pulse Generator, and Electronic Load – all into one tightly integrated instrument. The result is a powerful solution that significantly boosts productivity in applications ranging from bench-top I/V characterization through highly-automated production test. For bench-top use, Series 2600B instruments feature built-in, Java-based software that enables plug & play I/V testing through any browser, on any computer, from anywhere in the world. For automated system applications, the Series 2600B’s Test Script Processor (TSP) runs complete test programs from inside the instrument for industry-best throughput. In larger, multi-channel applications, Keithley’s TSP-Link technology works together with TSP to enable high-speed, SMU-per-pin parallel testing. Because Series 2600B SourceMeter SMU Instruments have fully isolated channels that do not require a mainframe, they can be easily re-configured and redeployed as your test applications evolve.
Java-based Plug & Play I/V Test Software
The Series 2600B are the only SMU instruments to feature built-in, Java-based test software that enables true plug & play I/V characterization through any browser, on any computer, from anywhere in the world. This unique capability boosts productivity across a wide range of applications such as R&D, education, QA/FA, and more. Simply connect the 2600B to the internet via the supplied LAN cable, open a browser, type in the 2600B’s I.P. address, and begin testing. Resulting data can be downloaded to a spreadsheet such as Excel for further analysis and formatting, or for inclusion in other documents or presentations.
Unmatched Throughput for Automated Test with TSP Technology
For test applications that demand the highest levels of automation and throughput, the Model 2600B’s TSP technology delivers industry-best performance. TSP technology goes far beyond traditional test command sequencers… it fully embeds then executes complete test programs from within the SMU instrument itself. This virtually eliminates all the time-consuming bus communications to and from the PC controller, and thus dramatically improves overall test times.
SMU-Per-Pin Parallel Testing with TSP-Link Technology
TSP-Link is a channel expansion bus that enables multiple Series 2600B’s to be inter-connected and function as a single, tightly-synchronized, multi-channel system. The 2600B’s TSP-Link technology works together with its’ TSP technology to enable high-speed, SMU-per-pin parallel testing. Unlike other high-speed solutions such as large ATE systems, the 2600B achieves parallel test performance without the cost or burden of a mainframe. The TSP-Link based system also enables superior flexibility, allowing for quick and easy system re-configuration as test requirements change.
Model 2400 Software Emulation
The Series 2600B is compatible with test code developed for Keithley’s Model 2400 SourceMeter SMU instrument. This enables an easier upgrade from Model 2400-based test systems to Series 2600B, and can improve test speeds by as much as 80%. In addition, it provides a migration path from SCPI programming to Keithley’s TSP technology, which when implemented can improve test times even more. For complete support of legacy test systems, the Model 2400’s Source-Memory-List test sequencer is also fully supported in this mode.
Third-generation SMU Instrument Design Ensures Faster Test Times
Based on the proven architecture of earlier Series 2600 instruments, the Series 2600B’s SMU instrument design enhances test speed in several ways. For example, while earlier designs used a parallel current ranging topology, the Series 2600B uses a patented series ranging topology, which provides faster and smoother range changes and outputs that settle more quickly.
The Series 2600B SMU instrument design supports two modes of operation for use with a variety of loads. In normal mode, the SMU instrument provides high bandwidth performance for maximum throughput. In high capacitance (high-C) mode, the SMU instrument uses a slower bandwidth to provide robust performance with higher capacitive load.