2840 BK Precision Resistance Meter
The 2840 is a resistance meter from BK Precision. A resistance meter is a type of test equipment that measures resistance (Ohms). These include ohmmeters, megohmeters, and more.
- Display Range: 1 μΩ to 20 kΩ
- Basic Accuracy: 0.1%
- Measurement Resolution: 1 μΩ
- Displayed Digits: 4 ½
- Functions: R and LPR
- Resistance Measurement Ranges: 7 + Auto
- Number of Results Bins: 3
- 4.3-inch color touch screen
- 4-wire Kelvin test leads included
- Temperature measurement with correction*Model 2841
- Low power resistance mode to protect DUT
- Manual or auto ranging
- Adjustable measurement speed for fast readout or better accuracy
- Fast measurement speed up to 20 ms/reading to increase manufacturing throughput
- Offset voltage compensation (OVC)*Model 2841
- Cable compensation (0 ADJ)
- BIN comparator function to sort components in up to 10 bin locations*Model 2841
- Bin-sorting with statistical measurement
- Store/recall 30 instrument settings
- Screen capture to USB drive
- Selectable power line filter
- Trigger delay
- Handler interface for easy integration with a component handler
- Standard RS232, USB (USBTMC and virtual COM), and LAN interfaces-LAN is only available on the 2841
- Three-Year Warranty
- AC power cord, user manual, Kelvin test leads (TLDK1), temperature probe TPTC2 (model 2841 only), test report and certificate of calibration
- Component testing: Measure the resistance of motor and transformer windings, relay and switch contacts, and other conductive materials and components. 4-wire Kelvin test leads included with both models.
- Circuit board testing: The resistance meters’ high accuracy make them suitable for measuring trace resistances and finding shorts on PCBs.
The 2840 DC resistance meter features high accuracy and resolution measurements in the milliohm range. The 2840 meter is ideally suited for measuring contact resistance of relays, switches, and PCB traces, typically outside the resistance range of multimeters. The vivid 4.3-inch TFT LCD color touch screen and keypad provide intuitive operation.
The 2840 meter features low power resistance testing (LPR) modes and variable measurement speeds that are suited for a wide range of applications. The handler interface with high-speed measurement capabilities enable the 2840 Series to evaluate a large quantity of components and be integrated into an automated test system.
Intuitive user interface
The touch screen and keys both provide a convenient interface for setting parameters quickly and precisely. Both models also support one touch zoom to enhance the readability of displayed measurements.
Bin sorting function
Quickly sort components using the 3 bins of the 2840. The results can be displayed on the screen or output via the handler interface. High and low limits for each bin can be set up in absolute or tolerance mode.
Remote PC control
Integrate your DC resistance meter into an automated test system and control it from a PC using commands via the RS232 or USB interface.
LPR (Lower Power Resistance) measurement
In standard resistance measurement mode (LPR OFF), the large drive current (1 A max.) may damage sensitive components or circuits. LPR mode protects the DUT by limiting the maximum power being applied.
Offset voltage compensation (OVC)
OVC switches the polarity and averages the forward and reverse polarity readings. This enables accurate measurements by minimizing the adverse effects of thermal EMFs or small biases in a circuit (e.g., from a capacitor’s dielectric absorption when measuring a PCB trace).