- Power Output, CW Linear: 300 watts mimimim at less than 1.0 dB gain compression
- Power Output, CW Saturated: 350 watts minimum
- Flatness: ± 1.5 dB maximum; ± 0.5 dB with internal leveling
- Frequency response: 10 kHz-100 MHz instantaneously
- Input for Rated Output: 1.0 milliwatt maximum
- Gain (at maximum setting): 55.5 dB minimum
- Gain adjustment (continuous range): 18 dB minimum
- Input Impedance: 50 ohms, VSWR 1.5:1 maximum
- Output Impedance: 50 ohms, VSWR 2.5:1 maximum
- Mismatch Tolerance: Will operate without damage, or oscillation with any magnitude and phase of source and load impedance. May shut down at 200 watts with shorted output terminal. May limit at rated output.
- Modulation Capability: Will faithfully reproduce AM, FM, or pulse modulation appearing on the input signal
- Harmonic Distortion: Minus 20 dBc maximum at 300 watts
- Third Order Intercept Point: 61 dBm typical
- RF Power Meter: 0-400 watts full scale
- Primary Power (select via internal taps): 100/110/120/200/208/220/240 ±5% VAC, 50/60 Hz, single phase 2000 watts maximum
- Cooling: Forced air (self-contained fans)
- Size: 50.3 x 42.7 x 55.1 cm; 19.8 x 16.8 x 21.7 in
- RF input: Type BNC female
- RF output: Type N female
- External leveling inputs: Type BNC female on front panel
- Pulse modulation inputs: Type BNC female on front panel
- Detected RF output: Type BNC female on front panel
- Remote control: 25 pin female subminiature D
Pulse Mode Gating Characteristics
- Signal (into 50 ohms): +2.0 to 6.0 VDC
- Rise Time: 0.5 microseconds maximum
- Fall Time: 0.5 microseconds maximum
- RF Rise/Fall Time: 10 nanoseconds maximum
The Amplifier Research Model 300A100 is a self-contained, air cooled, broadband, completely solid state amplifier designed for applications where instantaneous bandwidth and high gain are required. Push-pull circuitry is utilized in all high power stages in the interest of lowering distortion and improving stability. The Model 300A100, when used with an RF sweep generator, will provide a minimum of 300 watts of swept power.
Special features incorporated into the Amplifier Research Model 300A100 include a front panel power meter for monitoring forward and reflected power, and an internal/external Automatic Level Control (ALC) sensing capability, with front panel control of the ALC threshold. Further features include pulse input capability, RF output level protection, and an internal RF detector which provides an output for use in self-testing or operational modes. Also included is a front panel gain control which permits the operator to conveniently set the desired power output level. Protection is provided by DC current level sensing and individual fusing of all output stages. Computer control is available using the remote control capability provided by the CP2001 and CP3000 accessories. High efficiency switching power supplies provide DC to the high power amplifiers.
Housed in a stylish, contemporary enclosure, the Model 300A100 provides readily available RF power for typical applications such as RF susceptibility testing, antenna and component testing, watt meter calibration and use as a driver for higher power amplifiers.