307A BK Precision Insulation Meter
- Test insulation to 400Mohms
- Selectable 250V, 500V, or 1000V insulation test
- Low ohm resistance test ranges 500ohm & 3ohm
- 200mA Short circuit test
- Extra rugged integral carrying case
- Locking switch for extended testing
- Live circuit indicator warns of safety hazard
- Volt meter to 600 VAC
- Battery test feature
- Overload protection
- IEC 1010-1 Cat III 600V / CE
The model 307A insulation tester is intended primarily for periodic testing of industrial motors, transformers, electrical wiring, and cable insulation for signs of deterioration.
Low readings may indicate impending failure allowing for permit replacement of suspect component during routine maintenance rather than risking component failure.
It is also useful for safety testing of TV sets and appliances to assure no hazardous leakage current.
The voltage and resistance ratings for insulation testing are often specified for the product to be tested.