3500D Associated Research HiPot
The 3500D is a HiPot from Associated Research. HiPot, or high potential, is a class of electronic test equipment used to verify electrical insulation. Engineers use HiPot-testing instruments on cables, wires, circuit boards, appliances, electric motors, and transformers. As a product ages, its insulation may break down and result in current flow leakage. HiPot testers keep engineers safe from current leakages by detecting gaps and defects in the electronic device. Dielectric Testers, Insulation Testers, and Megohmmeters are similar to HiPot testers. Popular manufacturers include Biddle, Megger, Fluke, Associated Research, Quadtech, Instek, and Slaughter.
- Output Range: 0-5 kV AC
- Output Resolution: 10 volt/step
- Output Accuracy: ±2% of setting + 5 volts
- Leakage Current: 12 mA
- Adjustable High Limits ( 0.01 mA resolution )
- Timer: 0.0 - 999.9 seconds
- Ground Continuity Current: DC 0.1A ± 0.01A, fixed
- Input Voltage: 120/230 V AC, ± 15 %, Single Phase, 47 - 63 Hz
The Associated Research 3500D is an HiPot Tester for performing dielectric withstand test and measuring insulation leakage currents.