- Frequency Coverage: 150 kHz to 300 MHz
- Maximum Linear Power Output: More than 10 Watts
- Input Signal: Unit will accept CW, AM, FM, SSB, CATV, pulse and other complex modulations, limited only by their bandwidth and peak input level
- Power Gain: 40 dB nominal
- Gain Variation: ±1.5dB
- Harmonic Level: < -22 dBc
- Typical 3rd Order Intermodulation Intercept Point: +49dBM
- Noise Figure: 10dB
- Input/output Impedance: 50 Ω
- Input VSWR: 1.6 maximum
- Output VSWR: 2.3 maximum
- Stability: Unconditionally stable; unit will not oscillate for any condition of load and source impedances
- Protection: Unit will withstand +17dB overdrive (1 volt RMS) for all output load conditions, including short and open circuits
- Power Requirements: 115/230 VAC ±10%, 50-60 Hz, at 120 Watts
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 45°C
- Output Connector: BNC standard
- Class of Operation: Class A
- All Solid State
- 100 kHz to 320 MHz Usable Coverage
- No Bandswitching
- Works into Any load
The Model 411 LA is a general purpose broadband amplifier capable of more than 10 watts of linear power output when driven by any laboratory signal or sweep generator from 150 kHz to 300 MHz.
An ultralinear Class A design, the 411 LA will "boost" the output of any signal source by a flat 40dB and provide its full forward output power into any load impedance (from an open to a short circuit). Its output is a faithful reproduction of the input waveform for AM, FM, SSB, CATV, pulse and other complex modulations. Although specified for linear power output only, the 411 LA will typically supply more than 15 watts of power before reaching saturation.
An integral power supply and cooling system permit operation over a wide range of temperature and AC line conditions. The use of plug-in modules makes the 411 LA both reliable and easy to service.