438-II/BASIC Fluke Power Analyzer
The 438-II/BASIC is a Power Analyzer from Fluke. A power analyzer, or power quality analyzer, can take accurate measurements of direct current DC, alternating current AC, voltages, phase rotations, and power in many different types of electronic equipment. Engineers can test power supplies, industrial machinery, motor drivers, home appliances, and office equipment with used and refurbished power analyzers.
- Measure key parameters on direct-on-line motors including torque, RPM, mechanical power and motor efficiency
- Perform dynamic motor analysis by plotting of motor de-rating factor against load according to NEMA guidelines
- Calculate mechanical power and efficiency without the need of mechanical sensors
- Measure electrical power parameters such as voltage, current, power, apparent power, power factor, harmonic distortion and unbalance to identify characteristics that impact motor efficiency
- Identify power quality issues such as dips, swells, transients, harmonics and unbalance
- PowerWave data technology captures fast RMS data, and shows half-cycle averages and waveforms to characterize electrical system dynamics (generator start-ups, UPS switching etc.)
- Waveform capture function captures 100/120 cycles (50/60 Hz) of each event detected event, in all modes, without set-up
- Automatic transient mode captures waveform data at 200 kS/s on all phases simultaneously up to 6 kV
Mechanical Metering Functions:
- Motor torque
- Motor speed
- Motor mechanical load
- Motor efficiency
- Test lead set
- Power adapter
- 8GB SD card
- Soft carry case
- CD Rom with PowerLog 430-II software and user documentation
The new Fluke 438-II/BASIC Power Quality and Motor Analyzer adds key mechanical measurement capabilities for electric motors to the advanced power quality analysis functions of the Fluke 430 Series II Power Quality Analyzers. Quickly and easily measure and analyze key electrical and mechanical performance parameters such as power, harmonics, unbalance, motor speed, torque and mechanical power without the need of mechanical sensors.
The ideal portable motor analysis test tool, the 438-II/BASIC can help locate, predict, prevent, and troubleshoot power quality problems in three-phase and single-phase power distribution systems, while giving technicians the mechanical and electrical information they need to effectively evaluate motor performance.