4700 Vitrek Voltmeter
- Calibrates Hipot testers, HV power supplies and insulation testers
- Measures up to 10KV directly and 35, 70, 100 or 150KV with HV Smartprobes
- Basic accuracy—0.03% DC and 0.1% true RMS AC
- Color touch screen—makes for easy measurement selection and display
- Ethernet, serial, USB printer port all standard, GPIB optional
- Simultaneous AC and DC voltage readings
- Chart Mode provides graphic documentation of HV drift, ramp time, overshoot and sag
- Dual inputs allow Differential or Phase-to-Phase voltage measurement
- High speed DSP provides up to 60 filtered readings per second
- True RMS AC measurement from 0.01Hz to 600Hz—covering VLF to aviation frequencies
- AC noise rejection 78dB—for rock solid, six-digit DC Measurements
- Optional battery pack goes up to 11 hours between charges
- G Series—high input impedance probes for electrostatic applications
- CE mark Certified to EN61010
- Available ISO 17025 accredited calibration
- Three-year extended warranty (one-year standard warranty)
- AC/DC Voltage Measurement Resolution: Selectable 4, 5 or 6 digits
- Measurement Functions: DC Voltage, True RMS AC Voltage, Ripple, Peak to Peak, Crest Factor & Frequency Measurement (4 digits 0.01 Hz to 600Hz)
- Measurement Time: Selectable down to 16mS (60 readings per sec.)
- Maximum Input to Common Terminal: 3 KV Peak for 1 sec, no damage
- Accuracy Specifications: Valid one year ± 5C from Cal temperature
- Operating Environment: 0 to 50C, <85% RH (non-condensing)
- Dimensions: 218mm (8.5”) wide x 130mm (5”) high x 253mm (10”) deep, nominally
- Weight: 2.4kg max (4kg shipping)
- AC Source: 45 to 450Hz, 100 to 265Vrms at <15W (20VA) using supplied external power supply
- DC Source: 11 to 16Vdc at <1.2A, using a center positive 2.5mm DC power connector BP-47 Battery Option Up to 11hrs continuous operation
The 4700 and probes are shipped with an ISO 17025 cal cert with data and uncertainties, direct input test leads, chassis ground lead, operator’s manual, and external power supply. The HVP handheld probes comes with a detachable probe tip and the HVL series probes ship come with a toroid corona shield.
Three-year extended parts and labor warranty with no charge registration and annual factory calibration. One- year standard warranty.
- 4700: Precision High Voltage Meter
- BP-47: Internal 11 Hour Battery Pack
- GP-47: GPIB (IEEE-488) Interface
- HC-47: Hard Carrying Case
- RM-47: Rack Mount Kit
- HVP-35: 35KV Handheld Probe
- HVL-35: 35KV Bench Top Lab Probe
- HVL-70: 70KV Bench Top Lab Probe
- HVL-100: 100KV Bench Top Lab Probe
- HVL-150: 150KV Bench Top Lab Probe
- HVL-35G: 35KV High Impedance Lab Probe
- HVL-70G: 70KV High Impedance Lab Probe
- HVL-100G: 100KV High Impedance Lab Probe
- TL-47: Replacement Test Lead kit
The Vitrek 4700 Precision High Voltage Meter offers the highest level of measurement accuracy, yet with its color touchscreen—is surprisingly easy to use. Vitrek’s DSP technology delivers outstanding AC and DC voltage measurement accuracy, stability, repeatability and resolution. High speed, direct readings are provided up to 10KV DC or rms AC and with available HV SmartProbes™, the measurement range can be extended to 35KV, 70KV, 100KV and 150KV.
Direct Measurement or HV SmartProbe™
Vitrek’s 4700 precisely measures voltages directly up to 10KV, right out of the box—with no external probes. That’s high enough for most of the HV sources out there.
However, should you care to expand your high voltage measurement range—just add one or more of the available 35KV, 70KV, 100KV and 150KV SmartProbes™. The Vitrek SmartProbes™ each store their own calibration data which is down loaded when they are plugged in to the 4700—this results in high accuracy, calibrated readings and allows any Vitrek SmartProbe™ to be used with any 4700 HV Meter. The SmartProbe’s™ proprietary, ultra-low TC attenuator design minimizes self-heating—while its low capacitance technology enhances AC performance. In addition to the direct input terminal the 4700 has two probe inputs—use one probe to extend your measurement range or use two probes for making high voltage differential measurements.
Superior Performance by Design
Measurement integrity is our bottom line—whether you are running a production line manufacturing medical imaging equipment, in a national laboratory conducting ground breaking research or in the cal lab certifying test equipment—it is essential to choose your tools carefully. To insure the best possible measurement accuracy, the 4700 makes over 40,000 reading per second which are then filtered, sub-sampled, scaled and offset corrected—all with "error free" mathematic methodology. The True RMS AC readings are as true as they come, while the DC measurements offer rocket fast settling with rock solid stability.
In addition to this, the 4700 provides VLF AC readings down to 0.01 Hz, as well as, peak to peak, crest factor and fundamental frequency measurement. Available G series probes offer extremely high input impedances for electrostatic voltmeter applications.
High Voltage Test Automation
Automate your HV test requirement with the 4700’s built-in Ethernet port, high speed serial communication port or available GPIB.
The 4700 is fully programmable—so you can select your measurement mode and bandwidth, then take readings as often as desired. The 4700 also comes standard with a USB printer port, to capture readings and get hardcopy printouts of HV plots—so you can document the sag or overshoot in a typical hipot test.
Chart Mode automatically plots voltage readings from a few seconds to several days. Highly useful for determining ramp linearity, overshoot and sag on hipot testers and other HV sources.
Vitrek’s Calibration laboratory is ISO 17025 Accredited
The 4700 and probes come with a free ISO 17025 accredited calibration with data and uncertainties.