4800A Agilent Impedance Meter
The 4800A is a 500 kHz impedance meter from Agilent. Electrical impedance analyzers enable the measurement and monitoring of the opposition to current in AC, or alternating current, systems. Impedance refers to how the chemical or physical properties interact with voltages and currents, or how well a component passes current.
- Measures impedance and Q.
- Frequency range of 5 Hz to 500 kHz in five bands with an accuracy of ±2%.
- The Impedance measurement range is 1 ohm to 10 Mohms and the phase angle measurement range is 0º to ±90º.
- Direct inductance measurement range is 1 µH to 100,000 H.
- Direct capacitance measurement range is 0.1 pF to 10,000 µF.
The unit is equipped with analog outputs for three parameters: impedance magnitude, impedance phase, and frequency which may be used in conjunction with a two-pen X-Y recorder (sold separately) to provide permanent traces.