5385A HP Frequency Counter
The 5385A is a Frequency Counter from Agilent HP.
- Frequency range: 10 Hz to 1 GHz
- High input sensitivity extends applications
- Extensive input conditioning improves accuracy
- Variable display digits improve readability
- External DC operation extends portability
- Standard TCXO timebase
- Proven reliability
- High Input Sensitivity
- Sensitivity of at least 15 mV RMS reduces the need for preamps, and improves low level signal measurement accuracy.
- Extensive Input Conditioning
- A low pass filter, automatic or manual attenuator and trigger level control features provide versatile signal-to-noise conditioning for optimum accuracy.
- Variable Display Digits
- View only readable digits from stable signals by controlling the number of display digits. Use as few as 3 or as many as 11 digits.
- External DC Operation
- Wide range (9-15V) external DC input power allows use of sources such as 12V automobile power to keep the timebase warm, or charge the battery option while in transit to remote sites.
The Agilent 5385A Frequency Counter utilizes interpolar-enhanced reciprocal counting to provide outstanding performance at a low cost. Frequency coverage allows measurements from 10 Hz to 1 GHz, with resolution of 9 digits per second. It incorporates a programmable alphanumeric display, accessible remotely via either HP-IB (standard) or HP-IL (optional). The liquid crystal display (LCD) reduces component count, is easy to read (indoors or out), and improves counter reliability and serviceability.
The half-rack width Agilent 5385A instrument is portable, rackable, and stackable for use in the field, at a workbench, or as part of an ATE system. Options include a four-hour-capacity battery pack, and a high-stability ovenized oscillator for higher accuracy.