5491B BK Precision Multimeter
The 5491B is a 4.5 digit bench multimeter from BK Precision. A multimeter is an instrument used to test and measure alternating current (AC) or direct current (DC) voltage, resistance, and electric current. Multimeters combine voltmeters, ammeters, and ohmmeters. Electricians use multimeters to run diagnostics on batteries, switches, components, power sources, and motors.
- 50,000 count display resolution
- 0.02% basic VDC accuracy
- Dual display to indicate two measurements simultaneously
- AC + DC True RMS
- Up to 25 readings per second measurement rate
- AC volt and amp measurement over wide frequency range (ACV 100 kHz/ACI 20 kHz)
- Limit mode for Pass/Fail testing
- Built-in math functions: Rel, Max/Min, dBm, dB, %, Hold, Compare
- CATI (1000 V)/CATII (300 V) Protection
- USB (Virtual Com) and RS232 interface
- SCPI compatible
- Accessories Included: Test leads, Power cord, Spare fuse, Operation Manual, Calibration certificate and test report
- Three Year Warranty
The BK Precision 5491B is a versatile and dependable bench multimeter suitable for applications in education, service and repair, and manufacturing requiring basic and reliable measurements. Additionally, this meter enhances your productivity with built-in math functions and USB connectivity, features not found in other bench meters in this price category. Math operations Rel, Max/Min, dBm, dB, %, and Hold provide educators with a convenient tool to teach basic math concepts.
The BK Precision 5491B takes typical multimeter measurements such as volts, ohms, and amps with great accuracy, stability, and basic VDC accuracy of 0.02% on the 5491B. The meters are also capable of measuring frequency, period, continuity, and performing diode tests. Readings can be taken at a maximum rate of 25 readings/sec with measurement rates selectable between slow, medium, and fast.
The 5491B multimeters were designed for cost-conscious users requiring a basic and dependable meter with a broad range of features offered at a value price.