5492BGPIB BK Precision Multimeter
The 5492BGPIB is a 5.5 digit bench multimeter from BK Precision. A multimeter is an instrument used to test and measure alternating current (AC) or direct current (DC) voltage, resistance, and electric current. Multimeters combine voltmeters, ammeters, and ohmmeters. Electricians use multimeters to run diagnostics on batteries, switches, components, power sources, and motors.
- 5½-digit, 120,000-count display resolution with GPIB
- 0.01% basic VDC accuracy
- Advanced triggering options such as external, bus and event trigger
- Two and four-wire resistance measurement up to 120 MΩ
- AC voltage and AC current measurement over wide frequency range (ACV 100 kHz/ACI 10 kHz)
- AC (RMS) and DC current measurements up to 12 A
- Limit mode for Pass/Fail testing
- Save/recall up to 10 instrument settings
- Built-in math functions: Rel, Max/Min, dBm, dB, %, Hold, Compare
- CATI (1000 V)/CATII (300 V) protection
- USB (Virtual Com) and RS232 interface
- SCPI compatible
- Three-year warranty
The BK Precision model 5492BGPIB is a versatile 5½-digit, 120,000-count bench multimeter suitable for applications in education, service repair, and manufacturing. The instrument enhances your productivity with built-in math functions and USB connectivity. Rel, Max/Min, dBm, dB, %, and Hold functions provide educators with a convenient tool to teach basic math concepts. Additionally, the 5492BGPIB offers powerful features not commonly found in other 5½- digit DMMs such as advanced triggering, buffer storage operation, and a GPIB interface.
Increase Productivity with PC Connectivity
The 5492BGPIB is programmable via USB, RS232, and GPIB interface using industry standard SCPI commands. Users can remotely control and configure the instrument from a PC and retrieve measurement results for further analysis. The multimeter can also be remotely controlled using application software (via USB & RS232), which supports front panel emulation and data logging of measurement results.
The 5492BGPIB measures volts and amps with great accuracy and stability, with basic VDC accuracy of 0.01%. The meter is also capable of measuring frequency, period, resistance, continuity, and performing diode tests. Readings can be taken at a maximum rate of 57 readings/sec and stored to an internal 512-byte buffer for post acquisition statistical analysis.
The 5492BGPIB was designed for cost-conscious users requiring an accurate meter with a broad range of features offered at a value price.