6172 Keithley Coaxial Adapter
The 6172 is a coaxial adapter from Keithley.
- Male 2-slot to female 3-lug triaxial adapter
- For use in adapting Models 7065 and 250INT inputs to 3-slot plugs
- Working Voltage: 500V peak center conductor to inner shield; 500V peak center conductor and inner shield to outer shell
- Max Working Current: 1A peak
- Operating Environment: 0° C to 50° C, up to 70% RH at ≤ 35° C
- Contact Resistance: <0.5Ω
- Insulation Resistance: 10Ω, center conductor to inner shield (500V test voltage, 23°C @ <40% RH)
The Keithley Model 6172 is a male 2-slot to female 3-lug triaxial adapter. The 6172 can be used to connect cables that are equipped with 3-slot male triaxial connectors to the Model 617 INPUT jack, which is a female 2-lug triaxial connector.
The outer shell of the triaxial connector is for protection from voltages on the center and inner shield conductors. Make sure the outer shell is always connected to earth ground or a properly grounded chassis.
Never touch or change the connections when power is applied to the adapter. Always turn off test system power and discharge all capacitors before connecting or disconnecting the adapter.
To prevent voltages from being exposed or connections from shorting together, make sure both ends of the adapter are properly connected before applying voltage.