6653A Agilent DC Power Supply
The 6653A is a 500 W, 35 V, 15 A, DC Power Supply from Agilent. Supplies DC Voltage and Current to test, design, and troubleshoot electric and electronic circuits. Applications include Burn In, QA, ATE, Research, Design, and Education to name a few.
- Voltage: 35V
- Current: 15A
- Power: 500W
- Auto-parallel up to three units
- Outputs can be connected in parallel or in series
- Programmable over-voltage and over-current protection
- Over-temperature protection
- Discrete Fault Indicator/Remote Inhibit (DFI/RI)
- Self-test occurs at power-on from an GPIB command
- User definable power-on state
- VXI plug&play drivers
- Increase test throughput with fast up and down programming time
- Protect valuable assemblies with fast protection features
- Proven reliability
- Low ripple and noise
- Up-programming and down-programming time is less than 15 ms
Programming Accuracy at 25°C ±5°C
- Voltage 0.06% + 15 mV
- Current 0.15% + 13 mA
Ripple & Noise from 20 Hz to 20 MHz
- Voltage rms: 400 µV
- Peak-to-Peak: 4 mV
- Current rms: 5 mA
The Agilent HP 6653A is a single output, series pass regulated power supply, with an internal GPIB interface and SCPI programming. The Agilent HP 6653A provides many talker/listener functions including remote programming of voltage and current with feedback of actual measured output values.
Programming of the dc output and the protection features can be done either from the front panel or using industry standard SCPI commands, via the GPIB. Using the serial link, up to 16 power supplies can be connected through one GPIB address. Test system integration can be further simplified be using the VXIPlug&Play drivers. The output voltage and current can also be controlled with analog signals. This is helpful for certain types of noisy environments, and also immediate reactions to process changes.
Lab bench use is enhanced by the fan speed control, which helps to minimize the acoustic noise.