- 96 three-pole, Form A relay crosspoints
- High, Low, and Guard switched
- <5μV contact potential per crosspoint
- Signals to 200V and 1A
- Compatible with Models 707A and 708B
- Matrix Configuration: 8 rows by 12 columns
- Crosspoint Configuration: 3-pole Form A (HI, LO, GUARD)
- Connector Type: Quick disconnect using 38-pin connectors or screw terminals
- Maximum Signal Level: 200V, 1A carry/0.5A switched, 10VA peak (resistive load)
- Common Mode Voltage: 200V maximum between any 2 pins or chassis
- Path Resistance (per conductor): <0.6Ω initial, <1.5Ω at end of contact life
- Contact Potential: <5μV per crosspoint (HI to LO <1 minute after actuation)
- Offset Current: <100pA.
- Isolation: Path: >10.10Ω, <10pF. Differential: 10.9Ω, 45pF nominal. Common Mode: 10.9Ω, 165pF nominal.
- Crosstalk: <–50dB at 1MHz, 50Ω load.
- Insertion Loss (1MHz, 50Ω source, 50Ω load): 0.1dB typical
- 3dB Bandwidth (50Ω load): 5MHz typical
- Relay Settling Time: <3ms
- EMC: Conforms to European Union Directive 89/336/EEC
- Safety: Conforms to European Union Directive 73/23/EEC (meets EN61010-1/IEC 1010)
- Environment: Operating: 0° to 50°C, up to 35°C at 70% R.H
- Storage: –25 to +65°C
The Keithley 7071 General Purpose Matrix Card is an 8x12 configuration that switches High, Low, and Guard at each of the 96 relay crosspoints. The eight rows are connected automatically to the general purpose analog backplane when the matrix card is installed into the 707A and 708A mainframe. This allows for easy expansion in 12 column increments and eliminates the requirement for wiring between cards. The matrix card will handle voltages up to 200V and currents up to 0.5A switched or 1A unswitched. A 5μV contact potential assures that ,the switch does not adversely affect low voltage sensitivity. The 3dB signal bandwidth is 5 MHz. Guard inputs improve isolation between signals and assure <100pA offset currents into any electrical path.