8201 Boonton Audio Analyzer
Versatile Audio Filters
- 4 Low pass
- 4 High pass
- 4 De-emphasis networks
- GPIB: Standard
- Frequency Range: 100 kHz to 2.5 GHz
- Maximum Input: 1 watt (7 V RMS, +30 dBm)
- Input Impedance: 50 Ω nominal, SWR <1.5
- Distortion Range: 0.01 % to 100% THD or 0 to 80 dB SINAD
- Distortion Accuracy: ± 10% of reading or ± 1 dB SINAD. (The residual AM/FM or ØM must be accounted for in distortion measurements)
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz. Automatic operation when modulation frequency is within this range
- Residual Noise & Distortion: Less than 0.1 % (60 dB SINAD) distortion
- Measurement: + peak, -peak, peak average, quasi-peak and RMS
- Carrier Range: 0.2 MHz to 0.5 MHz, 0.5 MHz to 10 MHz, 10 MHz to 2.5 GHz
- Deviation Range: 0 to C.F./10 kHz, 0 to 150 kHz, 0 to 500 kHz
The Boonton Model 8201 Modulation Analyzer offers a unique combination of measurements including:
- AM, FM and ØM (AM and FM 1%, ØM 3% of readings)
- Carrier level and frequency (0.01 dB level and 10 Hz carrier resolution)
- Signal, noise and distortion power (sinad)
This eliminates the need for several different pieces of equipment.
Modulation is detected using peak, while residuals are measured using RMS and referenced to a specific level. These values are displayed in %, dB or quasi-peak, and the highest values are stored using the peak-hold function.
Signal frequency and level can be acquired automatically or input via the keyboard or remote command. The 8201 is a cost effective measurement tool for an ATE system, signal generator calibration or mobile radio production testing.