8405A Agilent Meter
The 8405A is a meter from Agilent. A meter is an instrument used to test and measure alternating current (AC) or direct current (DC) voltage, resistance, RF, electric current, and much more.
- Accurate voltage and phase measurement
- Frequency range: 1 MHz to 1 GHz in 21 overlapping octave bands; tuning automatic within each band
- 50/75Ω coaxial measurements
- Measures voltage vectors described by both magnitude and phase
- Ideal for almost any design and test application in the frequency range of 1 to 1000 MHz
- Measurement capabilities include insertion loss and group delay of passband-filters and other transmission devices, gain and phase margin of amplifiers, complex impedance of mixers, antennas, etc.
- Two channels allow for ratio measurements and phase difference between the two channels
- Gain or loss in excess of 90 dB and phase measurements with 0.1° resolution over a 360° phase range are possible
The Agilent HP 8405A Vector voltmeter measures voltage vectors described by both magnitude and phase. This capability makes the Agilent HP 8405A a unique instrument for about any design and test application in the frequency range 1 to 1000 MHz.