8449A Agilent Preamplifier
The 8449A is a 22 GHz Preamplifier from Agilent. An amplifier is a type of electronic test equipment that amplifies radiofrequency (RF) and microwave signals using the antenna. Amplifiers are ideal when used for electromagnetic interference (EMI) testing, cell phones, microwaves, radio communications, and other such applications.
- Frequency range: 2.0 to 22.0 GHz
- Flatness: 2.0 to 22.0 GHz; ±3.8dB; ±2.4 dB Typical
- Small Signal Gain: 0° C to 55° C: ≥ 23 dB; 20° C to 30° C: ≥26 dB; ≥30 dB Typical
- Temperature drift: ≤0.12 dB per ° C
- Gain Compression: ≤1 dB for output signal of +7 dBm
- Spectral Purity Third Order Intercept Measured at Amplifier Output: +15 dBm
- Second Harmonic Intercept Measured at Amplifier Output: ≥+30 dBm
- Reverse Isolation: Reduces spectrum analyzer local oscillator emissions > 75 dB
- Maximum Safe Power Input: +20 dBm (100 mW)
- Maximum DC Input: ±20V
- Input and Output: SMA, 50Ω nominal
- VSWR Input 2.0 to 22 GHz: ≤2.0:1
- VSWR Output 2.0 to 22 GHz: ≤2.0:1
- Power requirements: 100, 120, 220, or 240 V (±10%), 47 TO 63 Hz
- Operation Temperature range: 0° C to +55° C
- Storage Temperature range: -40° C to +75° C
- Type tested per MIL-T-28800C, Type III, Class 5, Style E
- Low-Noise, High-Gain
- Reduces Overall System Noise
- Detection and Analysis of Extremely Low-Level Signals
The Agilent HP 8449 Preamplifiers are low-noise, high-gain amplifiers that are connected between a signal source and the RF input of any spectrum analyzer. The combination of high gain and low noise figure enables the 8449A to enhance analyzer performance by greatly reducing the overall system noise figure. This improved sensitivity allows detection and analysis of extremely low-level signals. The frequency range of the 8449A is 2.0 to 22.0 GHz.
The 8449A is housed in compact, industry-standard, half-width System II packages that can be easily rack-mounted in traditional automatic test equipment (ATE) systems.