8496A Agilent Step Attenuator
The 8496A is a 4 GHz step attenuator from Agilent. Attenuators are a type of radio frequency (RF) test equipment that’s useful during RF design. When an engineer needs to reduce (attenuate) the level of an electronic signal, he or she uses an attenuator. Attenuation can protect circuit stages from receiving signal levels that are too high. RF attenuators may be fixed, switched, or variable, depending on their capabilities and applications.
- Frequency range: DC to 4 GHz
- Attenuation range: 0 to 110 dB, 10 dB steps
- Insertion loss at 0 dB: 0.6 dB + 0.09 dB/GHz
- Maximum SWR: 1.5
- Repeatability life: 0.03 dB maximum, 5 million cycles per section
- Maximum RF input power: 1 W (average), 100 W (peak)
- Connector type: choice of Type-N female, SMA female, APC-7
The Agilent 8496A is a Manual Step Attenuator that offers exceptional repeatability and reliability. Attenuation is provided in 10 dB steps from 0 to 110 dB. Precision gold-plated leaf springs ensure long life (over 5 million cycles) and very high attenuator repeatability (typically 0.01 dB). To improve measurement accuracy, NIST traceable data (SWR and attenuation) is available as Option 890. Custom step attenuator/switch combinations are possible. The Agilent 11716A/B/C interconnect kits provide quick connection of Agilent 8494/5/6/7 1 dB and 10 dB step attenuators in series for greater dynamic range with 1 dB steps.