8500 BK Precision DC Electronic Load
- Power: 300 W
- Operating Voltage: 0.1-120 V
- Rated Current: 30 A
- Constant current (CC), resistance (CR), voltage (CV) and power (CP) operation
- Low minimum operating voltage of < 0.1 V and minimum input resistance of 5 m? (model 8518) allowing the load to sink high current at low voltages, required for fuel and solar cell applications
- Selected models operate up to 500 V, suitable for high voltage applications
- Built-in transient generator
- Short circuit test
- Built-in high resolution (0.1 mA/1 mV) voltage and current measurement (models 8500 & 8502)
- Bright, easy to read display (VFD technology)
- Over-Current/Over-Voltage/Over-Power/Over- Temperature Protection
- USB to TTL serial converter cables and application software included
- List mode operation for increased throughput
- Battery testing mode to provide A*hr rating of battery (ending voltage level is adjustable)
- Flexible triggering: Create trigger events by front panel keystroke, back panel TTL signal, or software
- Remote voltage sensing to compensate for the effect of voltage drop in wires.
- Store 25 instrument setups
- Thermostatically-controlled fans allow operation in quiet environments with minimal disruption
- All models are rack mountable. Compact 300 W and 600 W models for bench use
- DC power supply testing
- Characterization of rechargeable batteries. A battery test mode is provided that will measure the ampere*hour (A*hr) characteristic of a battery
- Fuel and solar cell test
- High voltage applications
The 8500 Programmable DC Electronic Loads can be used for testing and evaluating a variety of DC power sources.
The loads can operate in CC, CV, CR or CP mode while voltage/current or resistance/power values are measured and displayed in real time. Load terminals are isolated and floating. Over temperature, over power, over voltage, over current and reverse polarity protection will help protect your valuable prototype and circuits.
The DC loads are easy to use. All parameters can be set quickly and precisely from the front panel, or programmed via USB interface.
When selecting a DC load, it is important to consider not only voltage and current requirements, but also power ratings. The power used when testing must fall within the hatched region for the appropriate DC load.
Some applications may require high voltage/low current and low voltage/high current which a single load may not be able to handle. B&K Precision’s broad range of DC loads will allow you to select the optimal model for your requirements.