8502 BK Precision DC Electronic Load
The 8502 is a 300 watt DC electronic load from BK Precision. Simulate loading on an electronic circuit including power supply testing, ATE applications, LED testing, and more.
- Constant current (CC), resistance (CR), voltage (CV) and power (CP) operation
- Low minimum operating voltage of < 0.1 V and minimum input resistance of 5 mΩ (model 8518) allowing the load to sink high current at low voltages, required for fuel and solar cell applications
- Built-in transient generator
- Short circuit test
- Built-in high resolution (0.1 mA/1 mV) voltage and current measurement (models 8500 & 8502)
- Bright, easy to read display (VFD technology)
- Over-Current/Over-Voltage/Over-Power/Over- Temperature Protection
- USB to TTL serial converter cables and application software included
- List mode operation for increased throughput
- Battery testing mode to provide A*hr rating of battery (ending voltage level is adjustable)
- Flexible triggering: Create trigger events by front panel keystroke, back panel TTL signal, or software
- Remote voltage sensing to compensate for the effect of voltage drop in wires.
- Store 25 instrument setups
- Thermostatically-controlled fans allow operation in quiet environments with minimal disruption
- All models are rack mountable. Compact 300 W and 600 W models for bench use
- Standard Accessories: Power cord, user manual, installation CD with application software, USB to TTL serial converter IT-E132B, certificate of calibration and test report
- One-Year Warranty
- DC power supply testing
- Characterization of rechargeable batteries. A battery test mode is provided that will measure the ampere*hour (A*hr) characteristic of a battery
- Fuel and solar cell test
- High voltage applications
The 8500 series Programmable DC Electronic Loads can be used for testing and evaluating a variety of DC power sources. Their wide operating ranges of up to 500 V and 240 A, flexible operating modes and excellent measurement accuracy make the 8500 series well suited for characterizing DC Power supplies, DC-DC Converters, batteries, fuel cells and solar cells.
The loads can operate in CC, CV, CR or CP mode while voltage/current or resistance/power values are measured and displayed in real time. Load terminals are isolated and floating. Over temperature, over power, over voltage, over current and reverse polarity protection will help protect your valuable prototype and circuits.
The DC loads are easy to use. All parameters can be set quickly and precisely from the front panel, or programmed via USB interface.
When selecting a DC load, it is important to consider not only voltage and current requirements, but also power ratings. The power used when testing must fall within the hatched region for the appropriate DC load.
Some applications may require high voltage/low current and low voltage/high current which a single load may not be able to handle. B&K Precision’s broad range of DC loads will allow you to select the optimal model for your requirements.
The 8500 series can operate well below 1 V which is important for low voltage application such as fuel cell and solar cell testing. All models can regulate (provide a stable input) down to 0.1 V. Model 8518, due to its particularly low input resistance, can operate at full scale current of 240 A at 1.2 V.
The numeric keys and rotary knob provide a convenient interface for setting the operating mode and desired current/voltage/resistance levels quickly and precisely. Voltage and current can be set to a maximum resolution of 1 mV and 0.1 mA respectively (models 8500 and 8502 only). Up to 25 different instrument setups can be stored and recalled from internal memory.