8672A Agilent RF Generator
The 8672A is a 18 GHz RF Generator from Agilent. An RF generator is a tool engineers use to generate sinusoidal outputs while testing electronic equipment. The output will automatically have its frequency varied or swept between frequencies. A “sweep” is one complete cycle of a frequency variation. Engineers use RF signal generators as test equipment, mostly to measure responses of filters, amplifiers, and electrical components.
- Frequency range: 2 GHz to 18 GHz
- RF output is constantly variable from +8 dBm to -120 dBm with an output impedence of 50 Ohms
- Spectral purity is excellent and phase-locked loop responses are optimized to exhibit the lowest possible single-sideband phase noise
- Programmable from the front-panel or a rear HP-IB connector
- AM and FM modulation of external signals
The Agilent 8672A is programmable from the front-panel or a rear HP-IB connector. The generator is capable of both AM and FM modulation of external signals.