8842A Fluke Multimeter
The 8842A is a 5.5 digit bench multimeter from Fluke. A multimeter is an instrument used to test and measure alternating current (AC) or direct current (DC) voltage, resistance, and electric current. Multimeters combine voltmeters, ammeters, and ohmmeters. Electricians use multimeters to run diagnostics on batteries, switches, components, power sources, and motors.
- DC voltage range: 20 mV to 1000 V
- Current range: 200 mA to 2000 mA
- Basic DC accuracy of 0.003% for 1 year
- TRMS AC voltage range: 200 mV to 700 V
- Intuitively easy front panel operation
- 2-wire and 4-wire resistance measurement
- Resistance range: 20 Ohms to 20 MOhms
- Up to 100 readings per second
- Overrange indication
- Automatic settling time delay
- Closed-case calibration (no internal adjustments)
- Built-in self-tests
The Fluke 8842A has all the same features of the 8840A and adds a hermetically sealed thin film resistors for increased measurement power, enhanced accuracy in VDC, VAC, and Ohms. Due to stability and accuracy, the 8842A offers extended cal cycles.